Page 43 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: "Ask ATI" dev thread

how man r300 based pro cards with still valid support contracts are out there? if the number is 0 you know why it is not fixed.

The only thing you guys should be using this thread for is consulting mental health. Its quite obvious there is a problem at ATi. Could be the water in the cafeteria? DONT DRINK THE WATER! IT WILL MAKE YOU DUMB!

yes, there is a problem. Luckily not everybody is using wine. I don't wine, I don't have problems.

OT:

How much do THEY PAY YOU ? Is it enough to relieve your "non-open-community" soul ?

Dear ati devs, do you have any plans on supporting hardware decoding on 780g? If yes, how soon is this gonna happen?

The question was never answered about support for r3** cards. I have an 9600 M10- worked with catalyst 8.9 but nothing since. OSS drivers are getting there but still a far cry performance wise compared to fglrx. I am running ubuntu 8.10 so can't use the 8.9 drivers due to xorg/xserver versions. I have a laptop which is hard to change in terms of graphics hardware.

The release notes clearly state 9600 mobility is supported, but installation suggests otherwise. Has r3** support been officially dropped?

Thanks

I didn't think we had changed anything w.r.t. R3xx/R4xx support. It's certainly possible that some ASICs got trimmed from the Ubuntu driver in order to meet schedule but I'm not aware of any general change in support.

The problem with 8-9 to 8-11 is that you can not change res with nexuiz (from repository, I guess it would be the same with the sdl binary of the official package) on RV410. Try it and X will be corrupted until you kill nexuiz. I would not call say that nothing changed... beryl is not working too for Xorg 7.1.1 - it worked some time ago. fglrx drivers only get worse not better.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    It's certainly possible that some ASICs got trimmed from the Ubuntu driver in order to meet schedule
    The official 8.11 installer has the exact same bug as well. So I doubt it has anything to do with the "Ubuntu Special Edition" of fglrx.

Bug... ok, help me understand something. Are folks asking if we dropped 3xx/4xx from the driver because of something specific (removal of IDs etc..) or just because of a bug ?