Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: GNOME 3.3.3 Heats Things Up For GNOME 3.4

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,430

    Default GNOME 3.3.3 Heats Things Up For GNOME 3.4

    Phoronix: GNOME 3.3.3 Heats Things Up For GNOME 3.4

    GNOME 3.3.3 is now available as the latest update in what will ultimately become GNOME 3.4 next March...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTAzNDI

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    350

    Default

    How about re-implementing Drag-n-drop? Talk a bout reverting functionality when they actually managed to screw that one up. I can't drag and drop from a folder to the bookmarks/shortcuts in the sidepanel.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azpegath View Post
    How about re-implementing Drag-n-drop? Talk a bout reverting functionality when they actually managed to screw that one up. I can't drag and drop from a folder to the bookmarks/shortcuts in the sidepanel.
    Nothing got reverted here. It just not implemented yet see https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=661275
    I might get to it in the 3.4 time frame but no promises.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    2,099

    Default

    Gnome keeps getting better and better. It's heading to the right direction - plus, Vala rocks!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
    Gnome keeps getting better and better. It's heading to the right direction - plus, Vala rocks!
    Positive comments really make me smile . Because there are so few of them around here... I really wish that everyone could see that Gnome is not "ruining" or "killing" anything. There are alternative DEs for everyone, and no reason to whine if you've already found your favourite. If that happened to be Gnome 2, there are options there as well. Mint's direction with GNOME 3, MATE etc... The negativity towards anything different or unexpected needs to STOP. It's making the community as a whole look childish and backward. If you don't like it, fair enough. But no need to shout about it every chance you get. Now it would be okay if you DID use Gnome 3, but thought one or two things were letting it down. But people who don't even use it and never plan to should just grow up a bit and keep their voices down. Got a little carried away. Point is - I love the positivity - keep it coming !
    Last edited by pigggie; 12-27-2011 at 02:47 AM.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pigggie View Post
    Positive comments really make me smile . Because there are so few of them around here... I really wish that everyone could see that Gnome is not "ruining" or "killing" anything. There are alternative DEs for everyone, and no reason to whine if you've already found your favourite. If that happened to be Gnome 2, there are options there as well. Mint's direction with GNOME 3, MATE etc... The negativity towards anything different or unexpected needs to STOP. It's making the community as a whole look childish and backward. If you don't like it, fair enough. But no need to shout about it every chance you get. Now it would be okay if you DID use Gnome 3, but thought one or two things were letting it down. But people who don't even use it and never plan to should just grow up a bit and keep their voices down. Got a little carried away. Point is - I love the positivity - keep it coming !
    Not quite, many of us have tried the alternatives and found them to be quite lacking. What is childish and immature is releasing a half baked desktop environment as your one and only supported version. It's like saying Vista was an upgrade from XP-SP2/3.

    As always, new=better is not always the case, Gnome3 is proof of that, maybe 3.4 will be G3's Service Pack 2, maybe they'll just come out with a complete version and call it Gnome4 and hope everyone forgets the whole thing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •