No OpenGL for Flash/Stage3D on Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No OpenGL for Flash/Stage3D on Linux

Unlike written in the news, Flash doesn't support OpenGL with Linux Stage 3D, but software rendering only.
    Please prove me wrong, but I found the following message in an Adobe forum:

Come for help, be inspired. The Adobe Community is the place to ask questions, find answers, learn from experts and share your knowledge. We have everything to help you get started, learn how to's, tips and tricks, and unlock your creativity.

> This is not a bug. We disabled GPU acceleration with StageVideo and Stage3D on Linux because of drivers issues on the Linux platform.
    > Agreed, this should be stated in the release notes and will be fixed.

Thibault Imbert is the (main?) developer, so I hope he changes mind.

Many Linux users don't really like Flash - but one of the major reasons not to use Linux on the desktop is surely the non-existance of current (blockbuster) games.

In case that Stage3D gets accepted by the major publishers for their new games, and Adobe finally provides proper 32- and 64bit plugins for Linux, that could be the breakthrough for games on Linux (just have a look at Epic's Stage3D demo).

Btw, a standalone player would not be needed. Using the plugin, I just created one myself for 64bit. It's been pretty simple, actually. So all I'd need from Adobe is OpenGL support...
Working...
X