Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6850 on Ubuntu Oneiric

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    Does AMD pay for your HDMI cable ? Or an HD TV ? Or a graphics card with HDMI connector if you do not have one ? Seriously Q, you're pushing this thread past the bounds of common sense.
    does AMD get money from Microsoft or Hollywood to cripple the HDMI audio on linux?

Simple question I'm sure you can give me a answer.

Sure it's a simple question, but I certainly can't give you an answer.

It seems highly unlikely, particularly since we do enable HDMI audio in the Linux Catalyst drivers, but if we were I wouldn't know about it anyways.

Sure it's a simple question, but I certainly can't give you an answer.

It seems highly unlikely, particularly since we do enable HDMI audio in the Linux Catalyst drivers, but if we were I wouldn't know about it anyways.
    does AMD get money from Microsoft or Hollywood to cripple the catalyst FGLRX driver on linux?

the answer is YES! :

i know from the past MICROSOFT DO CRIPPLE THE LINUX CATALYST!

everytime the windows catalyst gets a WHQL amd put the linux catalyst in a save and cripple the linux driver team to NOT RELEASE THE DRIVER!!

i know this its a FACT!!!! i prove this in the past multiple times with leaked beta drivers!

this means i give a FUCK about the Microsoft crippled CATALYST!

and now my question more spezific: does AMD get money from Microsoft or Hollywood to cripple the HDMI audio on the open-source driver radeon?

Thats bullshit, it is not ms fault when amd wants to release 12 drivers a year - and even the same day for win+linux. A few h later are the hotfix drivers optimizied for some new games out as usual, but not for Linux. Basically you can only bang you head against the next wall for such stupidness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Thats bullshit, it is not ms fault when amd wants to release 12 drivers a year - and even the same day for win+linux. A few h later are the hotfix drivers optimizied for some new games out as usual, but not for Linux. Basically you can only bang you head against the next wall for such stupidness.
    your words just doesn't matter in my key point!

the linux catalyst is crippled because of Microsoft this is a FACT!

Q, it isn't even *close* to being a fact. Feel free to call it a personal opinion, of course.

We share a lot of code between drivers on different OSes, and share test coverage on a lot of the common bits. Once we know that the code isn't going to have to change for any of the OSes, we release all the drivers sharing that code at the same time.

If you believe that the requirement for WHQL cert on Windows drivers leads directly to saying "the linux catalyst is crippled because of Microsoft" then all I can say is "perhaps that made more sense before translation"
    Last edited by bridgman; 01-06-2012 at 09:29 PM.

Q, it isn't even *close* to being a fact. Feel free to call it a personal opinion, of course.
    i can simple prove you wrong: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_of_interest+http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affidavit

i can do a Affidavit without any Conflict of interest! and you can't do the same!

If you're starting with the fact that MS requires WHQL cert on the drivers and believe that directly translates to "the linux catalyst is crippled because of Microsoft" then all I can say is "perhaps that made more sense before translation"
    I do not "believe"! its a Fact!

your writing miss a important Detail: Because Microsoft force AMD every 3 months for 2-3 weeks to NOT Release the Linux driver because of the WHQL.

OK, I *think* you're suggesting that if you "do an affidavit" that somehow makes your statement a fact, ie turns it into some kind of absolute truth ?

back on track here, and Q, please stop hijacking the thread.

I'm really interested in buying this computer:
    http://www.notebooksbilliger.de/acer...1afc51c7c6ad26

I want to run linux on it, specifically archlinux, but I'd even compromise on ubuntu it if gets better results. I'd like to play games both natively and in wine, i.e. say sims 3, but also newer stuff. Are my prospects good with fglrx / radeon, or am I likely to run into a lot of problems?

I've seen a lot of people here and elsewhere telling me to buy nvidia as it runs the best with wine etc., but I'd like to give a chance to a company that looks to me more dedicated to the foss movement.

OK, I *think* you're suggesting that if you "do an affidavit" that somehow makes your statement a fact, ie turns it into some kind of absolute truth ?
    Its the other way around you can't "do an affidavit" without "Conflict of interest" because of this, your claim, that my point is only my personal point of view, is a joke!

In different short words: Your Rhetoric is proved as a joke because of your "Conflict of interest".

Dialectic: Get right by discretization of the counterparty.