Thread: Linux 3.2 Kernel Officially Christened

Hybrid View

Default Linux 3.2 Kernel Officially Christened

Phoronix: Linux 3.2 Kernel Officially Christened

Linus Torvalds officially christened the Linux 3.2 kernel on Wednesday afternoon...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTAzNzM

This time it is no good release for everybody. I can only boot my netbook when i blacklist rt2800pci - otherwise it crashes. My i7-880 on h55 chipset with nv 405 card only works with extra kernel option intel_iommu=off. Not really too much fun as it affects about 50% of my boxes that did not require a boot option before. Well a netbook without wlan is not really good...

Has this bug only appeared since the last RC?

Nope, but it happens on my slowest system with atom cpu with rt2800pci since rc2 (before 32 bit did not build), which i had to identify first - not that funny when the system always crashes when you boot it. Now i blacklisted the correct module to avoid the crash.

So when did the bug appear?

Well i tested the kernel since it was possible on 32 bit with u mainline kernels. The first available was rc2 for 32 bit because it did not compile before. I really need that netbook, did not try that long. If you have got enough spare parts feel free to send it to me. It is my only netbook...