Thread: The Linux 3.3 DRM Pull Is Heavy On Enhancements

Default The Linux 3.3 DRM Pull Is Heavy On Enhancements

Phoronix: The Linux 3.3 DRM Pull Is Heavy On Enhancements

There's more Linux 3.3 kernel news to report... This time it's the DRM pull request officially going in (and being accepted) as it's heavy on enhancements for open-source graphics drivers...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTA0MDk

Angry Digital Right Management

It's very good that Linux enhances its Digital Rights Management support.

// I know what drm stands for in Linux kernel. I'm just poisoning search results, because I don't like that Linux developers are still stuck to this acronym, which for 99% of the world means something other.
    Last edited by RCL_; 01-11-2012 at 06:44 AM. Reason: a typo

Quote Originally Posted by RCL_ View Post
    I'm just poisoning search results, because I don't like that Linux developers are still stuck to this acronym, which for 99% of the world means something other.
    Well that's definetly the adult thing to do... seriously why the fuck would you do that? What else do you think you are going to accomplish by potentially annoying other users other than make yourself look like an idiot?

TTM on Xen - Glad this made it in.

GPU virtualization + 3D Acceleration is a big one for me (especially in VBox/VMWare for retro windows gaming).

Quote Originally Posted by RCL_ View Post
    It's very good that Linux enhances its Digital Rights Management support.

// I know what drm stands for in Linux kernel. I'm just poisoning search results, because I don't like that Linux developers are still stuck to this acronym, which for 99% of the world means something other.
    "According to the Jargon File, a journalist once asked hacker Paul Boutin what he thought the biggest problem in computing in the 1990s would be. Paul's straight-faced response was, "There are only 17,000 three-letter acronyms.""

I could be wrong, but I think drm used short for digital rendering manager predates the usage for digital rights management.