Thread: QEMU 1.0 Officially Released With Many Features

Default QEMU 1.0 Officially Released With Many Features

Phoronix: QEMU 1.0 Officially Released With Many Features

Just as expected, QEMU 1.0 was officially released this week. QEMU 1.0 offers up some new features in the virtualization world...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTAyMjM

I'm guessing virtio should still be faster than this new SCSI pass-through?

To me virtualization, weekly wine release notes & cloud computing are the most boring news on phoronix.

Quote Originally Posted by cl333r View Post
    To me virtualization, weekly wine release notes & cloud computing are the most boring news on phoronix.
    perhaps that's because you don't have a need, or financial imperative, or just for a bit of plain inventive FUN to run an ARM windows8/Android in the cloud with support for the new Cortex-A15 (ARM) instructions and make a massively parallel ARM QEMU service just because you can LOL

BTW way does it also know and run NEON SIMD at a reasonable speed ?, and i don't suppose it emulates/translates a Mali-T604, or other native ARM gfx !
    Last edited by popper; 12-04-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    perhaps that's because you don't have a need, or financial imperative, or just for a bit of plain inventive FUN to run an ARM windows8/Android in the cloud with support for the new Cortex-A15 (ARM) instructions and make a massively parallel ARM QEMU service just because you can LOL

BTW way does it also know and run NEON SIMD at a reasonable speed ?, and i don't suppose it emulates/translates a Mali-T604, or other native ARM gfx !
    I don't know about "reasonable speed", but I believe that it does handle NEON. I know I've used it for arm-based armv7+OpenCL devel before, but I can't remember if I was using the neon code paths of my project for the non-CL bits or not.

Quote Originally Posted by cl333r View Post
    Then why even bother visiting phoronix? What else do you look for? Hardware/Software reviews? That must be it.