Thread: Heros of Newearth: I finaly got playable speed with the R600g(mesa8.0) on my HD4770

Hybrid View

Default Heros of Newearth: I finaly got playable speed with the R600g(mesa8.0) on my HD4770

YES! i test Heroes of Newearth today with the latest oibaf-mesa8 ppa and yes now i can play the game.

the graphic is stunning good and no graphic errors.

I'm surprised!

I'm sure the radeon driver right now beat the Catalyst/fglrx in HON because HON runs like Upper CRAP on FGLRX just watch phoronix forum in the Catalyst amd part: http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=heroes

The Radeon driver become the Gold standard for hd4000 cards because of this OpenGL2.1 Catalyst driver regression.

You are not talking about the best driver here. You are talking about the one that sucks less. There's a difference. The gold standard on Linux is NVidia.

@RealNC
    If you mean opensource: its intel.
    As their opensource driver
    1) sqeezes most of hardware unlike amd and even outperforms windows.
    2) supports NEWER hardware FIRST. Means Intel is interested in selling hardware for linux. NOT case by AMD(how much have I told John about it...).
    3) Even packs vaapi acceleration.

Nvidia is fail because their windows driver will guaranteed be faster and have more features than linux.
    I use nvidia now for long time and I stand behind what I said.

If you mean gold standard in proprietary: right now it is hard "battle": amd has fixed many errors, nvidia failed to implement many new technologies.
    There is no gold standard in proprietary. But feature matrix is still better (their only "advantage" - and just yet).
    Last edited by crazycheese; 01-22-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycheese View Post
    @RealNC
    If you mean opensource: its intel.
    As their opensource driver
    1) sqeezes most of hardware unlike amd and even outperforms windows.
    2) supports NEWER hardware FIRST. Means Intel is interested in selling hardware for linux. NOT case by AMD(how much have I told John about it...).
    3) Even packs vaapi acceleration.

Nvidia is fail because their windows driver will guaranteed be faster and have more features than linux.
    I use nvidia now for long time and I stand behind what I said.

If you mean gold standard in proprietary: right now it is hard "battle": amd has fixed many errors, nvidia failed to implement many new technologies.
    There is no gold standard in proprietary. But feature matrix is still better (their only "advantage" - and just yet).
    the first funny part: here is the opensource part of the phoronix "Forum" and he talks about cloused source shit.

the second funnyes part is he really think nvidia is better in opensource drivers than "intel"

and the 3. funny part you think you have to write about intel opensource in the amd opensource phoronix forum part

and in fact no one you and the other talks about the tropic heroes of newearth performance on the radeon driver and the bad performance on the catalyst driver.

please write on tropic (but feel free to spam here )

i installed the kernel 3,4 and hon runs now faster i can play with my native resolution now 1900x1200 pixels.

the openGL2.1 renderer is bugfree the downside is opeGL3 /oilrush do have massiv texure flickering.

Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    You are not talking about the best driver here. You are talking about the one that sucks less. There's a difference. The gold standard on Linux is NVidia.
    I don't know a company with the name Nvidia? Can you help me how to find this invisible company on the open-source driver market ?