Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD Radeon HD 7950: Southern Islands Isn't Yet A Penguin Holiday

Default AMD Radeon HD 7950: Southern Islands Isn't Yet A Penguin Holiday

Phoronix: AMD Radeon HD 7950: Southern Islands Isn't Yet A Penguin Holiday

The Radeon HD 7900 series were announced at the end of 2011 and since then the Linux support status for this hardware has remained a big question. For the Radeon HD 7000 series "Southern Islands" GPU launch, they did not send over any hardware samples so Linux consumers have left to be confused over the state of the non-Windows support for AMD's hardware based on the "Graphics Core Next" architecture. Fortunately, here is finally an extensive look at the Radeon HD 7000 series on Linux with testing of a Radeon HD 7950.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=17150

i read the article like this: amd don't support linux yet ...

maybe next year. very bad. and they wonder why the linux market share is only 3,5%

3,5% of the humans don't give up linux because of the BAD amd work.

and the "Bridgman" way to bugfix this on the consumer side is the way he fixed his windows-modem problem he just install windows vista!

what?? do you want linux on your PC??? with AMD hardware? go install windows VISTA! like any other ELITE human Bridgman prove it!

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    and the "Bridgman" way to bugfix this on the consumer side is the way he fixed his windows-modem problem he just install windows vista! what?? do you want linux on your PC??? with AMD hardware? go install windows VISTA! like any other ELITE human Bridgman prove it!
    Q, can you please try to hew a little closer to the truth ? I don't have time to keep up with your "big lie".

If you remember, what happened is the exact opposite of what you said -- I went out and bought a cellular modem which *did* work with Linux, and the issue was a phone modem neither made by AMD/ATI nor using AMD/ATI silicon. AMD hardware had nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    Q, can you please try to hew a little closer to the truth ? I don't have time to keep up with your "big lie".

If you remember, what happened is the exact opposite of what you said -- I went out and bought a cellular modem which *did* work with Linux, and the issue was a phone modem neither made by AMD/ATI nor using AMD/ATI silicon. AMD hardware had nothing to do with it.
    i translate your PR speak to normal human speak; "I went out and bought a Nvidia/intel Graphic-card which *did* work with Linux,"

sure you can fix the ati-Xenos xbox360 linux driver problem by buying nvidia hardware or intel hardware instead of ati/microsoft hardware.

or dit amd now support linux on the ati-Xenos-Xbox360 hardware? and your personal solution to fix the ATI linux-driver problem is to buy a nvidia card for your vista PC ?

Just like to chime in that my HD 7950 works pretty dang well and without the unsupported hardware watermark using Ubuntu 11.10 x64 kernel 3.0 and the HD 79xx series driver AMD released back in January. Haven't tried Catalyst 12.2, but I'm not sure I want to bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    i translate your PR speak to normal human speak; "I went out and bought a Nvidia/intel Graphic-card which *did* work with Linux,"

sure you can fix the ati-Xenos xbox360 linux driver problem by buying nvidia hardware or intel hardware instead of ati/microsoft hardware.

or dit amd now support linux on the ati-Xenos-Xbox360 hardware? and your personal solution to fix the ATI linux-driver problem is to buy a nvidia card for your vista PC ?
    Ahh, I see the problem. You're using the wrong starting language for translation... like doing a German-to-English translation when the person is speaking Estonian. That explains why the result has very little to do with the original and doesn't make a lot of sense.

It probably also explains how "dial-up modem" became "ati-Xenos xbox360".

Q, can you please try to hew a little closer to the truth ?
    answer me one question: why do Microsoft always win only because of shitty companies like AMD?

the linux catalyst wait for the microsoft zerdifikation LOL! to release... LOL!
    first day support for windows shitty last day support for linux for the hd7000 series.
    unusable catalyst for years i use the radeon driver today because the catalyst always runs like shit!

microsoft win because amd spending 98% money on windows drivers and only 2% on linux drivers!

simple capitalism calculation.

why not do it the other way around only 2% on linux and 98% on linux and then watch the market share grow? to risk-full? cowards!

Ahh, I see the problem. You're using the wrong starting language for translation... like doing a German-to-English translation when the person is speaking Estonian. That explains why the result has very little to do with the original and doesn't make a lot of sense.

It probably also explains how "dial-up modem" became "ati-Xenos xbox360".
    your rhetoric do not help! in fact i see the similar.

people buy a xbox then they are doomed by microsoft then they want to install linux then they check out amd do not support linux drivers on there xbox hardware!

same with you you buy a modem then you are doomed by microsoft then you want install linux but then you check out amd do not support linux drivers on there modem hardware.

yes i know amd do not build modems but if so there are no difference!

because Microsoft pay indirectly*1 to not support Linux!

*1 market-share and monopole

Why do you keep talking about XBox ?

Why do you keep talking about XBox ?
    because xbox is a computer and you can run linux on it and in the xbox is ATI/AMD hardware !

why not talking about xbox ?