Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anti AMD/ATI Spammer army paid by Nvidia unmasked !

On topic itself, this has (sadly) no effect on AMD@Linux.

1) Fglrx just recently started supporting 7970
    2) AMD does not see fglrx as desktop driver
    4) There is no support within opensource driver for 7970
    3) Bridgeman has commented he never sees opensource driver to be used on mid/high end cards

So this means, nvidia trolls were attacking AMD from their windows-drug affection. I think this is good. I know this sounds crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycheese View Post
    On topic itself, this has (sadly) no effect on AMD@Linux.

1) Fglrx just recently started supporting 7970
    2) AMD does not see fglrx as desktop driver
    4) There is no support within opensource driver for 7970
    3) Bridgeman has commented he never sees opensource driver to be used on mid/high end cards

So this means, nvidia trolls were attacking AMD from their windows-drug affection. I think this is good. I know this sounds crazy.
    "4) There is no support within opensource driver for 7970"

for me opensource support for the 7970 is different to your "Imagination" of support.
    there are proved support because there are valid code commits in the kernel.
    support=people work on it.

means a true way.

the oposite of support is fglrx=they claim they are "finish" with the implementation and push a release but the release is FGLRX style '''''''business as usual'''''' means 'shit as usual'
    this is the oposite of support because you will never get a working driver ! NEVER!
    i fight against catalyst/fglrx bugs for years and every bugfix in a new release broke another part.

you can prove this with an technical argument: can you do a git-bisect regression testing with the catalyst? NO! this means bugreports are USELESS!

do you prever lies like the fglrx or the trueness? i prever the trueness of the radeon opensource driver with git-bisect regression testing.

"3) Bridgeman has commented he never sees opensource driver to be used on mid/high end cards"

i do have a different point of view: you need highend class hardware for the opensource driver.

for example you need a faster cpu and faster gpu and you need higher PCIe standart PCIE3 for example-

because tests shows that PCIe standart upgrade to have a higher impact on opensource drivers than on the catalyst and the opensource driver is also more bottle neckt by the cpu and you need a faster gpu card for the same result.

but in the end you get the same result and this is the only part.

Opensource is the MONEY WORTH!

I use both AMD and nVidia.

Will both pay me?

Quote Originally Posted by sabriah View Post

Will both pay me?
    no only if you drop one of them and blaming the other as shit in the forums

Cool So Unthinkable?

Why is this so hard to imagine this could be or is true? Lets look at the current political environment in the USA. (I'm sure it's similar everywhere in the world unless you live in a communist country)

You have political figures from all factions ideological points of view with haste to use Negative and most of the time False ads. So is it so hard to believe that large corporations with lots of money to gain would not do the same lol.

Here is what I can say to sort of remain on topic though I own currently and have owned both over the years. Actually 2 out of my 3 PC's have Nvidia Cards.

What I can say about Nvidia is they like to shoot themselves in the foot here is a few examples.

1. They tried to lock up PhysX (which they bought out to be fair almost sounds like MS buying DOS though =) and used it as a advertisement ploy when really all it did was just piss people off that had ATI cards already.
    2. The consumer is forced to buy identical cards to run multi-gpu configurations not only by chipset series set but in most cases same manufacture and model derp!
    3. Then until just recently with the newer 990 AMD chipsets you wern't able to run SLI if you did choose too so ow you just took a HUGE chunk of AMD fans and smacked them in the face for the past X amount of years lol.

Now AMD/ATI so Nvidia likes to shoot themselves in the foot while you have ATI/AMD shooting themselves in the head.

1. As we all know their drivers have in past before AMD owned the right to ATI(and then they were really horrible) and currently lack in all sorts of ways.
    2. This is where they're shooting themselves in the head if they would just get their shit together and really clamp down on driver support than can almost corner the market between the more loose Multi-GPU configurations and a chance to really support Linux heavily. So people are like "Only 1-2% of PC users are Linux users this is BS I know kids running around with USB drives loaded with Live Linux images so so they can plug it in anything available and be connected instantly and securely. (As a teen you know how it is to want to just plug it into anything at all times .. yes that's a pun lol)
    3. I don't what it is what the guys at AMD but it seems like someone got stoned one days and decided to just randomly start switching up the way they label their Chip-set series not only are people left confused half the time now on what can and can't be crossfired but they don;t release updates to their charts when they release new models lol I mean used to be easy 4 series went with 4 series 5 went with 5 etc.. and so on now you have all sorts of wacky setups.
    ON top of it too add injury too insult within just a few months they went from 2-3 new 5 series at the same time as rolling out a bunch of 6 series cards 68,67,69, Radeon strikes back, The Return of Radeon-Jedi etc.... then less than a half a year later 7 series so a person that bought a top end 6900 card that paid top dollar loads up his PC the next days and he see's a new 7 series card for the same price he just paid for a 6 series and now he's like wtf! (Granted it's their fault for not researching a bit) but still it's like make you'r e damn mind already with your Model Number Schema lol.

If I were AMD I would simplify the model names streamline capable stable drivers for all platforms and then laugh all the way to the bank..

That's my 2 cents lol

Quote Originally Posted by sabriah View Post

Will both pay me?
    Perhaps Intel or PowerVR would pay you to diss both

amd hardware is fine but what u do with that hardware if drivers just suck!
    opensource drivers might be good but u will loose a lot of perf in 3D (games and stuff)
    fglrx drivers are good with most 3D apps(performance wise) but doesnt work well with wine and a lots of random annoying issues in every release.

I'm pretty sure this is all about Windows, since nvidia has very little to fear from AMD on Linux.

> "I'm pretty sure this is all about Windows, since nvidia has very little to fear from AMD on Linux."

I tend to agree. No one's going to pay Linux users to trash-talk AMD when those of us that own some AMD cards will do it for free.

But until Nvidia gets optimus support going, they don't get any compliments either.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    Opensource is the MONEY WORTH!
    Unfortunately it doesn't work that way, I bought an HD5870 half a year ago hoping to be able to run FOSS drivers with decent performance, I switched back to X1950XTX because radeon still sucked.
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)