Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anti AMD/ATI Spammer army paid by Nvidia unmasked !

Quote Originally Posted by darkbasic View Post
    Unfortunately it doesn't work that way, I bought an HD5870 half a year ago hoping to be able to run FOSS drivers with decent performance, I switched back to X1950XTX because radeon still sucked.
    i think the problem is the shader compiler you maybe do have more luck with the hd7970 +opensource drivers in the future.

because VLIW is fucked up with compilers ..

No, the real problem is the lack of manpower
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

I think those two complement each other, if it was easy to make a VLIW compiler, even with little manpower it would likely be done already.

Quote Originally Posted by darkbasic View Post
    No, the real problem is the lack of manpower
    its just both lack of manpower+VLIW

In this tropic? Would be nice if it was the tropics, with some drinks lying on a palm hammock.

Nvidia is a cutthroat corporation, but if they're hiring shills it hardly matters because AMD genuinely ticked off a lot of users with false promises. What if AMD paid off an army of apologists?
    Last edited by xyzone; 02-01-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xyzone View Post
    In this tropic? Would be nice if it was the tropics, with some drinks lying on a palm hammock.

Nvidia is a cutthroat corporation, but if they're hiring shills it hardly matters because AMD genuinely ticked off a lot of users with false promises. What if AMD paid off an army of apologists?
    uhh i check the promises: they promise a opensource driver and magic magic: i use a opensource driver...

can you tell me a promise they make without a similar result of the promise ?

They implied for years that a full capacity driver was being developed. It took far too long to disclose a warning that the driver's future was questionable, if it even happened clearly. That's not unusual. It's standard corporate strategy to gamble around vaporware just like hiring shills to dump on the competition. Apologists might try to whitewash past events, but the people who lived it as customers aren't going to switch realities without taking some drugs no matter what they say. The open source driver is a nice side effect for any linux user that happens to need function on older radeon cards, but it isn't full performance and anybody that goes out to buy new AMD cards for use in a linux desktop is a little strange, or a sucker like from the fglrx promises days.

If you need an open source video driver, that's what Intel video is for, and it's not exactly rare. If Intel made a serious, non-wishy-washy, non-vapor implement of video acceleration, I wouldn't even bother with nvidia. But as it is, all the corporate politics yammering grows boring from all directions while the cards from the devil incarnate (nvidia) actually function on linux with these features already.
    Last edited by xyzone; 02-01-2012 at 03:32 PM.

They implied for years that a full capacity driver was being developed. It took far too long to disclose a warning that the driver's future was questionable, if it even happened clearly. That's not unusual. It's standard corporate strategy to gamble around vaporware just like hiring shills to dump on the competition. Apologists might try to whitewash past events, but the people who lived it as customers aren't going to switch realities without taking some drugs no matter what they say. The open source driver is a nice side effect for any linux user that happens to need function on older radeon cards, but it isn't full performance and anybody that goes out to buy new AMD cards for use in a linux desktop is a little strange, or a sucker like from the fglrx promises days.

If you need an open source video driver, that's what Intel video is for, and it's not exactly rare. If Intel made a serious, non-wishy-washy, non-vapor implement of video acceleration, I wouldn't even bother with nvidia. But as it is, all the corporate politics yammering grows boring from all directions while the cards from the devil incarnate (nvidia) actually function on linux with these features already.
    promise vs implied can you find your personal mistake?

You FAIL to prove anything.

can you find your personal mistake?
    Assuming reading comprehension from the responder?

Assuming reading comprehension from the responder?
    you don't understand how it works. first of all you have to quote amd : "blablabla" then you prove they are liars.

but you do it wrong you do it like this: amd: "aaaaaaaa" you : "they claim bbbbbb they are liars " but in fact amd never say "bbbbb" only "aaaaaa"

because of this your writing is nonsense.