Thread: OpenGL 3.0, GLSL 1.3

Hybrid View

Talking OpenGL 3.0, GLSL 1.3

Congratulations (and thanks). This is a huge step and should not go unnoticed.

Additional info for r600g: The env var R600_GLSL130=1 enables GLSL 1.3. Along with R600_STREAMOUT=1, it enables full GL 3.
    Code:
    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV710
    OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 8.0-devel (git-10c8552)
    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30

Quote Originally Posted by DanL View Post
    Congratulations (and thanks). This is a huge step and should not go unnoticed.
    Code:
    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV710
    OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 8.0-devel (git-10c8552)
    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
    yes!!!! nice *Party-time*

with mesa8 my desktop(KDE) runs really fast on my hd4770 really means REALLY.
    my last catalyst test shows to my that my pc is just ILL without the radeon driver.
    webM videos in firefox on youtube also run fine.

dropping adobe flash and catalyst was a great idea

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    webM videos in firefox on youtube also run fine.
    In what way does Firefox and its webM rendering use Mesa functionality? Or was this just a side note?

Quote Originally Posted by aceman View Post
    In what way does Firefox and its webM rendering use Mesa functionality? Or was this just a side note?
    Catalyst (fglrx) has massive tearing when any kind of video is played, mesa does not suffer from this problem.
    (side-note: in the blob you can use the TearFree option to get rid of that tearing, I know, but then your video gets really laggy)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquous View Post
    Catalyst (fglrx) has massive tearing when any kind of video is played, mesa does not suffer from this problem.
    (side-note: in the blob you can use the TearFree option to get rid of that tearing, I know, but then your video gets really laggy)
    I think this is the job of the X.org driver (xorg-video-ati). In OSS land, you have the X.org driver named "radeon" (=mode setting, EXA acceleration, v-sync stuff) + Mesa (OpenGL). I think fglrx provides functionality of both so it can affect the video playback in Firefox.
    I just don't think Mesa has anything to do with Firefox video so far. I has with WebGL. See in about:support, Graphics section. Do you have OpenGL accelerated windows there? This acceleration is disabled by default on Linux yet.
    I am a Firefox bug triager, I can look at bug reports if you have filed any on bugzilla.mozilla.org.

I think this is the job of the X.org driver (xorg-video-ati). In OSS land, you have the X.org driver named "radeon" (=mode setting, EXA acceleration, v-sync stuff) + Mesa (OpenGL). I think fglrx provides functionality of both so it can affect the video playback in Firefox.
    I just don't think Mesa has anything to do with Firefox video so far. I has with WebGL. See in about:support, Graphics section. Do you have OpenGL accelerated windows there? This acceleration is disabled by default on Linux yet.
    I am a Firefox bug triager, I can look at bug reports if you have filed any on bugzilla.mozilla.org.
    It depends how the video is rendered and whether there is a compositor running or not. If there is a compositor running, it is the compositors job to avoid tearing since it controls updates to the scanout buffer. If there is no compositor running, then it depends on how the video is rendered. If the video app is using GL to render, it would work similarly to the compositor case (the GL app rendering the video would handle it). If the app is using Xv, then the ddx (xf86-video-ati, etc.) can attempt to avoid tearing.

google chrome use mesa to run webM with shaders.

and not it is not a side note radeon+mesa+firefox just run fine.

with fglrx/catalyst not really.