Thread: Another Week, Another Round Of Fedora 17 Features

Default Another Week, Another Round Of Fedora 17 Features

Phoronix: Another Week, Another Round Of Fedora 17 Features

At this week's Fedora Engineering Steering Committee, another round of features were approved for the Fedora 17 (Beefy Miracle) release...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTA1MDg

This is very crazy

but what is the chance that all the FeatureList will be in the final version

Quote Originally Posted by nir2142 View Post
    This is very crazy

but what is the chance that all the FeatureList will be in the final version
    Typically most features end up in the final version. Some like for instance the Btrfs by default feature will likely get postponed again. Every feature has % of completion in it which is a good indicator

Enterprise features in NetworkManager, that must mean they plan to switch RHEL 7 to NM as well. Anyway, good to see bridging support in NM, it will make it a viable alternative to manual configuration for my work desktop, whether I'll actually use it or not is another story...

Quote Originally Posted by Ansla View Post
    Enterprise features in NetworkManager, that must mean they plan to switch RHEL 7 to NM as well. Anyway, good to see bridging support in NM, it will make it a viable alternative to manual configuration for my work desktop, whether I'll actually use it or not is another story...
    I guess you don't realize NM is already the default in RHEL 6 and EL 5 includes it as well.