Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pentium G620 vs Liano...

Quote Originally Posted by aceman View Post
    aceman

Quote Originally Posted by s91066 View Post
    I am interested in a full load noise "test".
    Could you please tell me if my "ready made" you mean a known branded PC (HP, Dell etc?)
    Thanks

Yes, it is a Lenovo IdeaCentre H420. I will try the full load test shortly.
    So, under full load (both cores, I did multithreaded WinRar, it gave 1.2MB/s in the benchmark), I could not hear any increase in noise.
    I a completely silent room, you can hear the fan a bit, but the HDD is louder when it reads/writes
    If you have any bit of background noise (TV, radio, people talking in next room, street behind window), you will probably hear nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by devius View Post
    Well, the Sandy Bridge Pentiums are in reality 35W TDP parts, although for marketing reasons (so they can sell more expensive "low-power" CPUs), they are branded as 65W. There are several sites out there that investigated the actual power consumption of these parts under full load and the results were between 31-37W. This means they don't get very hot and you can probably even underclock them, lowering power consumption even further and consequently noise as well.
    A better buy than Llano?

I'm comparing the Intel G540 and it looks only slightly slower than the G620 which looks like the next step up.

For processing power, it beats the A6-3500 on practically anything so my question is how much power would a 'silent' video card add?

You always seem to be on the market, or maybe it's just my imagination

In any case, Trinity is supposed to be Q2.