Thread: Microsoft+Lenovo lose a battle on court again linux users they now get money back!

Default Microsoft+Lenovo lose a battle on court again linux users they now get money back!

http://www.silicon.de/seitenblicke/a...novo_durch.htm

yes Microsoft lose hart in France now we need similar in other EU countries.

then we all can buy cheap windows notebooks and get money back for the windows license.

in Germany a windows notebook is 60 cheaper than a Linux notebook.

Dunno, I tend to get my laptops from Germany, and the models with freedos tend to be cheaper than the same model with Windows. Don't really care if I get counted as a Windows pirate, as long as my money's not going to MS

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    http://www.silicon.de/seitenblicke/a...novo_durch.htm

yes Microsoft lose hart in France now we need similar in other EU countries.

then we all can buy cheap windows notebooks and get money back for the windows license.

in Germany a windows notebook is 60 cheaper than a Linux notebook.
    Sounds like good news! Would this apply to the UK as well then? Why is a Windows laptop 60 cheaper than a Linux laptop in Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by curaga View Post
    Dunno, I tend to get my laptops from Germany, and the models with freedos tend to be cheaper than the same model with Windows. Don't really care if I get counted as a Windows pirate, as long as my money's not going to MS
    Did you get them with normal keyboard layout or with the horrible German Qwertz keyboard?

With German layout, yes. It's not much different from the Nordic one, with only the y and z stickers swapped - that doesn't really matter when typing with the local layout anyway, I don't hunt and peck