Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Linux Distributions Described In Terms Of Beer

Quote Originally Posted by clavko View Post
    Well, I'd say that Gentoo would be you choice of beverage, alcoholic or non-alcoholic,
    served in high/bowl/martini glass, wooden cup or a shooter, with or without a pinch
    of salt, sugar, cinnamon, combined with vegetable/fruit or clean, preheated or cooled.
    And if you change your mind it can be unshaken and poststirred. Enjoy.
    Gentoo would indeed be your ideal choice of beverage. Unfortunately, you'd need to go and harvest the ingredients, create life that evolves into yeast, make a kiln if you want a clay mug (adjust instructions for your choice of recepticle) and brew it yourself :-)

Default windows is a wine cooler...

ever in questionable taste; OSX is a cosmo-tini -- super fruity but effective, and IOS a zima wrapped in bacon you stupid hipster.

Title should have been "Linux Distributions Described in Terms of German Beer".

That would actually be interesting if any true beer lover knew any of those local beers (for the most part). Maybe you should try to expand your scope (as in tasting beers from all around the globe) before getting too repetitive...

Quote Originally Posted by Mez' View Post
    Title should have been "Linux Distributions Described in Terms of German Beer".

That would actually be interesting if any true beer lover knew any of those local beers (for the most part). Maybe you should try to expand your scope (as in tasting beers from all around the globe) before getting too repetitive...
    According to my photos when checking this weekend (about three years ago I started photographing every unique beer I taste), I've tasted over 438 different beers from around the world... just under 100 of them were German/Bavarian beers.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    According to my photos when checking this weekend (about three years ago I started photographing every unique beer I taste), I've tasted over 438 different beers from around the world... just under 100 of them were German/Bavarian beers.
    That's great then. But...

Why always writing about the same few beers, quite local and specialized? Ok, we've understood they're your favorites, but it gets repetitive in the end. Worse, impressions like "but it's also a very tasty beer (especially compared to all of the non-Reinheitsgebot beers of Belgium)" seem insulting to true beer lovers.

Red face

Linux from Scratch:
    http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/

is than like one of those beer home brewing sets I guess:
    http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Beer-Premiu.../dp/B001BCFUBU

Starkbierfest sure sounds interesting... Gentoo user here, of course

Quote Originally Posted by DavidNielsen View Post
    The local brews tends to be fresh, cold and without much flavor, imported beers when available at all are very expensive and typically of the belgian cloister style brews which I am not so fond of.
    Belgian cloister beers are not really a/one style; there are lots of differences between Belgian cloister beers: colours from blond to almost black, tastes from sourish to sweet, from lightly to strongly hopped, alcohol from 3 to 13%, ...