Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Linux Distributions Described In Terms Of Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    At least I only have 31 hours until having good Weißbier und Weißwurst in MUC.
    If you have enough time in Germany to go into a Bio-Laden try Pinkus Hefeweizen. It's an organic brewed Weizenbier that tastes excellent. Not from Bavaria but from northern Germany. Probably some kind of Debian amongst all the beers. It keeps the faith in the Reinheitsgebot and only uses the purest of all incredients.

Thumbs down Windows = Alt beer from Düsseldorf

Windows is perhaps like Alt beer of Düsseldorf -- it's simply a no-go ... at least from a Kölner point of view ... a bit of rivalry between Cologne and Düsseldorf.
    Or even worse: some kind of belgium cherry beer -- just awful.

I myself enjoy best beer from Franken (Franconia, northern Bavaria), like Aufsesser Dunkel. The typical franconian brewery is quite small and their beers are mostly dark and quaffable. What fits to this type of beer is perhaps my favourite distro Crunchbang Linux: small, dark and really enjoyable

Ubuntu isn't a drink at all, it's nothing more than a gag from a liquor http://fayashop.com/shop/article_71/...ica-Cream.html

I really laughed about that "fallout from Unity, Canonical" Miller lite one.

Humm, so I must be a Starkbier lover then. Damn. And I don't drink any beer at all. (Yes, I make a lousy German, but at least I eat Bratwurst mit Sauerkraut.)

Does anybody know if the Linux-Bierwanderung (Linux-Beer-hike) is still intact? That would be something for Michael for sure. Ah, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Bier_Wanderung . Check this if you didn't know already.

Michael, did you ever meet Tracy Holz, a Linux guy from Techie Geek Podcast? He brews lots of flavour-rich beers himself. Listen to Episode 95 at http://thetechiegeek.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 16050 View Post
    Michael, did you ever meet Tracy Holz, a Linux guy from Techie Geek Podcast? He brews lots of flavour-rich beers himself. Listen to Episode 95 at http://thetechiegeek.com/
    Nope, never heard of neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Nope, never heard of neither.
    Presumably, Tracy's beer equals the Linux From Scratch of all beers.

On my flight to Munich today i'll try to pound out Round 2 of the Linux beer list... My aim is to cover a majority of like the top 50 or so distros on DistroWatch.

Default Augustiner anecdote

The comparison reminds me of a meeting with Fedora/Red Hat developers at a press event in Munich back in 2004. Later that evening we were chatting about the different brands of great beers that Munich has to offer and we'd all agree that Augustiner was the best. Especially the "Augustiner Edelstoff" which is a aromatic, sparkly and stronger (5.6%) lager variant.

Fedora Core 2 was codenamed "Tettnang", after a district in southern region that produces significant quantities of hops for the Augustiner brewery.

Quote Originally Posted by daver View Post
    The comparison reminds me of a meeting with Fedora/Red Hat developers at a press event in Munich back in 2004. Later that evening we were chatting about the different brands of great beers that Munich has to offer and we'd all agree that Augustiner was the best. Especially the "Augustiner Edelstoff" which is a aromatic, sparkly and stronger (5.6%) lager variant.

Fedora Core 2 was codenamed "Tettnang", after a district in southern region that produces significant quantities of hops for the Augustiner brewery.
    Prost! Except Augustiner Hell is better than Augustiner Edelstoff!