Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radeon Gallium3D Hierarchical-Z Updated (R600)

Default Radeon Gallium3D Hierarchical-Z Updated (R600)

Phoronix: Radeon Gallium3D Hierarchical-Z Updated (R600)

Now that the Radeon R600 tiling patches are done, Jerome Glisse has moved to updating the out-of-tree Hierarchical Z patches for the Radeon HD 2000 through 6000 series...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTA1NTE

Default Yes!

It looks like Glisse is working on making r600g a lot faster, as his project.
    I sure hope 8.1 has both these included -- I wonder if 50% up is a reasonable expectation?
    (based on the '20-30%' for 2d tiling, and a wag of similar improvements from HiZ)

Anyhow, is there a git branch somewhere with patches applied?

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Radeon Gallium3D Hierarchical-Z Updated (R600)

Now that the Radeon R600 tiling patches are done, Jerome Glisse has moved to updating the out-of-tree Hierarchical Z patches for the Radeon HD 2000 through 6000 series...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTA1NTE
    Just side note, both of my patch are self contains, ie you don't need any other patch, just my 2 patch (one for kernel one for mesa, i don't need a patch for ddx).

Throwing away pixels that are unneeded on the screen? Ah I see golden times coming.
    Kudos to glisse & the devs @ FOSS driver development.

If HyperZ on the IGP345M is anything to go by, this will be great. I often referred to this chipset as "the disease" because it was truly awful. HyperZ, however, allowed me to play most of my games at the next resolution up.

Great! What is the ETA of this feature?
    How is the current state?
    Do we have any benchmarks?

Quote Originally Posted by tball View Post
    Great! What is the ETA of this feature?
    How is the current state?
    Do we have any benchmarks?
    Please be patient. There is long time for Linux kernel 3.4 and Mesa8.1 to come. Michael soon will show us the present Jerome will give us all

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Please be patient. There is long time for Linux kernel 3.4 and Mesa8.1 to come.
    Nobody needs to wait 3.4 and 8.1 to test it, also Jerome never told it will be mainlined in the 3.4 merge window (which is unlikely considering patches are floating around since one year).

Even HiZ for R300g isn't still enabled by default (and it will probably never be).
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Default ZCULL

I despise ZCULL (NV's name for HiZ), it keeps pretending to "work" yet doesn't improve performance at all (on nv50+ that is) ... probably needs more magic. Or it's all covered up by other bottlenecks.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by glisse View Post
    Just side note, both of my patch are self contains, ie you don't need any other patch, just my 2 patch (one for kernel one for mesa, i don't need a patch for ddx).
    First of all: thank you, you've made my day When do you expect to submit the Mesa patch to Master?