Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Northern Islands HDMI audio?

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    i life in the "Reality"
    Good to know that you're not a trolling robot but a real life person. Or should we have better not known this and treated you as a bot to be ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertP View Post
    Qaridarium, please stop trolling. Bridgman himself also can't help that other people at AMD aren't pro open source. Would you prefer no open source driver at all from AMD?
    i use the opensource driver "radeon" right now.

and i'm not sure about "bridgman" he is not so pro linux at all cost he as a "Manager" is more like this: "Linux support only inside of the linux market-share range"

and if you think in this way "Microsoft" already won.

because: linux is counted as a warez version ov Windows
    because: microsoft do have deals with ALL hardware company to make sure microsoft gets the best driver
    because: microsoft do have deals with ALL OEMs to make sure windows comes first and linux only on outdated hardware.
    Because: Microsoft spend millions of dollars to hurt linux directly.
    Because: Microsoft corrupt politicians so they chose windows and München in Germany prove : linux is cheaper and better this means ALL other Politicians are Corrupted by Microsoft black-Money

and so one and so one.

Birdgman is not the holy warrior for Opensource he is also corrupted by the "Money"

and i can prove this: http://www.pro-linux.de/news/1/18211...s-windows.html

Linux is proved Cheaper and more reliable than Windows!!!

this means all arguments for windows are just lies from corrupted people purchased with bribe from Microsoft.

this means the high market share of windows are just cheated and corrupted and faked with bride money!

because of this bridgman is wrong !

only 2% market share money for the linux drivers are just discrimination!

2% for windows and 98% for linux is the right way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    fap fap fap fap
    I Qar. Me many "quote" and make hard sentence word coherent. EVER!!!!

F

Hi, I'm a rich company and I want to hurt opensource in the most roundabout way possible. I'm going to hire about 4 open source developers and pay them to develop drivers for my hardware. After wasting all that money I'm going to say that the code cannot be released.. if you have any questions, please direct them to Qaridarium because he is our company's official spokesperson.

Quote Originally Posted by renkin View Post
    Hi, I'm a rich company and I want to hurt opensource in the most roundabout way possible. I'm going to hire about 4 open source developers and pay them to develop drivers for my hardware. After wasting all that money I'm going to say that the code cannot be released.. if you have any questions, please direct them to Qaridarium because he is our company's official spokesperson.
    its not roundabout if you need a very good "excuse"

its a very cheap "excuse"

a company like AMD don't give a fuck about paying 4 opensource developers just for a "excuse"

and the excuse is: hey we try our best and we pay developers but the "Law" is against opensource and because of this we are sooooo SORRY...

why not drop the HDMI unit and the UVD unit and build true opensource hardware?

the answer is simple: they don't need opensource hardware they just need Excuses!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by agd5f View Post
    DCE5 audio (Northern Islands) is identical to DCE4 audio (evergreen).
    So HDMI audio support should come in the next weeks/months? Anyways I really enjoy your work and I'm very interested in UVD support (I would like to buy a Trinity/Kaveri laptop), power management and OpenCL. The first two are fundamental for a laptop, so I hope there will be progress in this fields.

hi, new lines of code when they are added to the kernel??
    Thanks

Doesn't look like as included in 3.4-rc1
    http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...ch/020419.html

kernel 3.4.0-rc1 dont have patch.

Also applying the patch ( http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...ch/020717.html ) against 3.4-rc1 doesn't enable my 6850's HDMI audio!
    Still having purple vertical line at left of the screen.
    Doesn't it enough to apply that patch? Sad...
    Last edited by Death Knight; 04-02-2012 at 10:06 PM.