Thread: FlightGear 2.6 Rotates With Many Changes

Default FlightGear 2.6 Rotates With Many Changes

Phoronix: FlightGear 2.6 Rotates With Many Changes

FlightGear, a leading open-source flight simulator, has hit a major milestone with the release this week of FlightGear 2.6 and the many improvements it brings to free software flying...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTA2MDk

I must say, I do appreciate the title.

FlyingIsFun1217

"As a pilot myself" - what planes did you fly?

Quote Originally Posted by cl333r View Post
    "As a pilot myself" - what planes did you fly?
    I fly single-engine props (namely the DA-40 is my favorite) and helicopters still in training whenever time allows.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I fly single-engine props (namely the DA-40 is my favorite) and helicopters still in training whenever time allows.
    Congrats mate, that's a cool & refreshing hobby! I thought your only hobby is German beer

Interesting title. Personally, I would have gone with "FlightGear 2.6 Drops," ready for landing!

Default How about adding FlightGear to your test suite

About the only thing I do that is really GPU intensive is flying my FlightGear P-51D. So when I look at your GPU tests the results are somewhat meaningless as one of the few questions that I want answered about video cards on Linux is "How well does this card do with FlightGear?"

The next FlightGear release (2.8) with optional Rembrant support is going to really push video cards with all of the eye candy turned up. How about adding FlightGear to your test suite so that us open source flight simmers will know which video card is the likely first choice for our next upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by hvengel View Post
    How about adding FlightGear to your test suite so that us open source flight simmers will know which video card is the likely first choice for our next upgrade?
    I need either someone to send me a test profile for it or at the very least tell me / document how FlightGear can be run in a fully automated demo/performance-testing mode with options for setting any resolution/IQ settings from the command line and to exit gracefully upon completion of the test.