Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD Will Properly Support KWin With Catalyst

Quote Originally Posted by markg85 View Post
    You.. are narrow minded!
    Yes, you can indeed stick to KDE 4.8 "for some time" as in a few month. After that you keep getting more and more updates and eventually you simply have to update because of other packages.

Using XRender is absolutely not an option!

Using llvmpipe/gallium is the narrow minded part. Going for that option indeed does work and gives you a quite good desktop experience, however you lose a lot of other things! If you want to play some game then it's probably not going to work. You can forget high graphics performance, you always have a very noisy loud GPU fan... At this moment gallium is just not feasable for AMD gpu's for fulltime desktop usage. It is for testing it out for some hours. Sure, this state will improve but that needs time - lots of it - and till that point the catalyst driver (however crappy it is) is still the better choice.. sad but true.
    Well, I sounded like an ass there, it's just that sometimes "news" like this angers me. For a comment in an unofficial bug tracker. And if indeed AMD is working in fixing their driver, how long would they take?

And it's true that fglrx is better than radeon driver, I am not a free-tard. It's just annoying that propietary blobs always take so long to support the "new staff" (ie new X.Org versions).

Default Okay im usually not a 'world conspirasy' type yelling.. but doubts arise..

Linux market share grows on desktop -> Xorg old drivers purge -> Kernel KMS+some old hw support drop(starting from device list clean) -> Mesa old drivers purge -> Kwin GL1 purge
    For god sake is this soo much trouble to keep API version modules build in? Yes bloaty, but more easy to make new api/eye-candy/features while keep compatible with full range of hardware, keep abstract internal api regardless of driver/std on output?. Don't have param or extra param?- whatever just use what you have! XML data parsing rule...
    I don't see a reason instead of being paid to shoot in own foot.
    Last edited by SunnyDrake; 02-25-2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: casting flame:)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Thanks. It would help if you had your full name on emails... If you haven't noticed in articles, I really hate writing pseudonyms in articles.
    you don't care about the real name back in time wen you write about "qaridarium" stuff LOL

just a joke i don't wanna read my real name anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyDrake View Post
    Linux market share grows on desktop -> Xorg old drivers purge -> Kernel KMS+some old hw support drop(starting from device list clean) -> Mesa old drivers purge -> Kwin GL1 purge
    For god sake is this soo much trouble to keep API version modules build in? Yes bloaty, but more easy to make new api/eye-candy/features while keep compatible with full range of hardware, keep abstract internal api regardless of driver/std on output?. Don't have param or extra param?- whatever just use what you have! XML data parsing rule...
    I don't see a reason instead of being paid to shoot in own foot.
    its a deal between the linux devs and the hardware companys the deal is they get linux drivers and specs if they support obsolescence this means linux users have to buy new hardware everytime its time to buy new hardware to support the obsolescence to make sure the hardware companys get the linux support payed.

you know? life isn't for free linux isn't communism you know?

Does somebody really think that there will be a fix in less than 3 month?

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    its a deal between the linux devs and the hardware companys the deal is they get linux drivers and specs if they support obsolescence this means linux users have to buy new hardware everytime its time to buy new hardware to support the obsolescence to make sure the hardware companys get the linux support payed.

Of course life isn't for free. But, supposedly, there are legal safeguards against monopoly. That's free market. Software patents and the like are reaching a point where they threaten to abolish free market. And those are precisely the things preventing manufacturers from releasing the source for their products.

BTW, if you REALLY want a Communist Linux distro, download this. But beware; you'll need to read advanced Spanish to reach this page... Venezuelan Spanish, to be precise.

http://canaima.softwarelibre.gob.ve/ - Canaima GNU/Linux, the official distro of Hugo Chávez himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    Can you proove it? Not a big deal if this is paid commits to opensource software.. problems will arise if this practice/destroy functionality will became common, compat commits rejected or api will bent in way this will be too hard. Question is not in pay.. but rather will you like to live with corporate product?

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyDrake View Post
    Can you proove it?
    Mafia always operate in the secret. If you can prove it you are are already death!

so no i can't prove it and i don't want to prove it. but..... wikipedia can prove it....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsolescence

Quote Originally Posted by Alejandro Nova View Post
    But beware; you'll need to read advanced Spanish to reach this page... Venezuelan Spanish, to be precise.
    Venezuelan spanish is the same that spanish

Quote Originally Posted by bachinchi View Post
    Venezuelan spanish is the same that spanish
    for me its not any difference to English because i use translators anyway. if you really want to understand something you do it anyway!

he only like to bash communism and the Spanish language.

But about the tropic: obsolescence isn't a communism idea also the Spanish language is innocence.