Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gallium3D VDPAU State Tracker Gets Ready For Action

which codecs are supported by the state tracker???

webm???

Quote Originally Posted by 89c51 View Post
    which codecs are supported by the state tracker???

webm???
    Mpeg1 and Mpeg2 as a starting point. But h.264 and webm are worked on.

Also, qvdpautest freezed my X on the threaded test.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXY View Post
    Mpeg1 and Mpeg2 as a starting point. But h.264 and webm are worked on.

Also, qvdpautest freezed my X on the threaded test.
    Can't say that I care for much else than *264 anymore. But you never know when they come in handy.

Mpeg 2 is really important for me. All terrestrial HDTV is broadcast in Mpeg 2 where I live. Although h264 and webm definitely are welcome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by benmoran View Post
    Mpeg 2 is really important for me. All terrestrial HDTV is broadcast in Mpeg 2 where I live. Although h264 and webm definitely are welcome as well.
    Same here. My mythtv box plays a lot of MPEG-2 and any cpu cycles that can be put towards deinterlacing 1080i content would be helpful until that is also worked out on the gpu. Also the benefits of the presentation abilities over XV will be much welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by bug77 View Post
    Damn those Nvidia binary blobs that are constantly trying to take over the world... OSS FTW! </sarcasm>
    Do not feed...

Quote Originally Posted by octoberblu3 View Post
    Same here. My mythtv box plays a lot of MPEG-2 and any cpu cycles that can be put towards deinterlacing 1080i content would be helpful until that is also worked out on the gpu. Also the benefits of the presentation abilities over XV will be much welcomed.
    Deinterlacing was added to the vdpau state tracker some time ago. So this will also be done by your gpu.

Quote Originally Posted by Azpegath View Post
    Can't say that I care for much else than *264 anymore. But you never know when they come in handy.
    Adobe is dropping Linux support for its Flash player. WebM support will become absolutely critical.

Even today, if you visit YouTube using Opera, Firefox or Chrome/Chromium, then even without joining the HTML5 trial some off the videos will be delivered via HTML5/WebM.

The youtube html5 video player has improved a lot over the last 6 months.
    I was really happy when real full screen started working with the latest Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by benmoran View Post
    The youtube html5 video player has improved a lot over the last 6 months.
    I was really happy when real full screen started working with the latest Firefox.
    Yes, but it's still not as good as flash, i.e. when in fullscreen and you press the sound up/down on the keyboard, the video leaves fullscreen, it's the same wrong behavior that adobe flash had a while ago (until it matured).

Also, it's not only the youtube html5 support that improved, but also the firefox support for html5 video, like video/byte buffers or so that I read a while ago which allows for more flexible control of the stream.