Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New graphic card under 150

A graphic card also called video card is an external digital micro card added in your system to enhance 2D and 3D scenes of your output screen. It generates the feed of images to be displayed on the screen.

Lightbulb Thanks, SpamBot!

Quote Originally Posted by sbglobal2012 View Post
    A graphic card also called video card is an external digital micro card added in your system to enhance 2D and 3D scenes of your output screen. It generates the feed of images to be displayed on the screen.
    Thanks again for the clarification; didn't know this one yet!

nvidia card will give you better fps and vdpau with the blob. If you want to do everything on linux and only linux, the nvidia card is better.

amd blob isn't far off nvidia, but they're slowing in rolling out new support.

amd card should have better open source support. Its not terrible by any means, but a lack of good video decode, less performance, whilst a better desktop experience.

I'd like to recommend AMD because they're working on OSS and doing a good job, and I feel they offer better cards for the money and the card is more likely to be supported in the future (by the OSS efforts). However if you must have the very best now, nvidia edges it. I dual boot a 5850.