Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD Radeon HD 7950: Southern Islands Isn't Yet A Penguin Holiday

Michael really wonders why he doesn't get hardware when he writes articles like this?

Why would AMD send good hardware when they know the opensource driver isn't ready yet? Especially when they're just going to be slated for it (which Michael would do with or without the hardware)

I wonder how many whiny articles we'll get about poor wee Michael having to go out and buy something because the big mean companies didn't want to give him freebies

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    because xbox is a computer and you can run linux on it and in the xbox is ATI/AMD hardware !

why not talking about xbox ?
    Because we were talking about my modem

You said something about my response to modem issues which did not match my recollection, I disagreed, you responded with something about "translating what I said into something totally different", I challenged your description of what you did as "translation", and we were suddenly talking about XBox...
    Last edited by bridgman; 03-12-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    Because we were talking about my modem.

You said something about my response to modem issues which did not match my recollection, I disagreed, then all of a sudden we were talking about XBox
    for me a win-modem is the same like a xbox!

Microsoft always make sure hardware runs like crap on Linux!

xbox=win-modem

there is no difference!

hardware=hardware

no difference!

Quote Originally Posted by FireBurn View Post
    Michael really wonders why he doesn't get hardware when he writes articles like this?

Why would AMD send good hardware when they know the opensource driver isn't ready yet? Especially when they're just going to be slated for it (which Michael would do with or without the hardware)

I wonder how many whiny articles we'll get about poor wee Michael having to go out and buy something because the big mean companies didn't want to give him freebies
    after reading your post i klick 10 times on ads showed up by the phoronix homepage!

its all about selection "Phoronix" telling the truth and because of this he don't get hardware !

its so easy!

its just censor-shipment! this works in the same way like ALL other hardware sides !

if they write honey words about a company they get samples next time if they write the truth they don't get sample next time.

same shit every time!

in germany there is only 1 computer hardware magazine without BIASED°! its the "C't" the heise.de C't always test with buyed hardware on the market NEVER with test samples from the companys! NEVER! because the test samples from the companys are always selected this means the real world hardware in the market are always worst!

Why do you keep talking?
    There, fixed it for you.

Are Warsow and Xonotic relevant benchmarks anymore unless you try something like Eyefinity on this class of HW?

@michael can you please benchmark real games like Oil-Rush instead of "Benchmarks" ?

i play Oil-rush and not unigine heaven.

in my point of view benchmarking unigine heaven doesn't care because its a synthetic benchmark.

Last edited by bridgman; 03-12-2012 at 07:56 PM.
    you know exactly what I'm talking about the "Win-Modem" is the same like the "Xbox"

Microsoft always care about consumer hardware to make sure only windows works perfect with consumer hardware!

and all your "Last edited by bridgman; 03-12-2012 at 07:56 PM." editing don't help you in this tropic you will not get a good strategy to get a excuse to quit.

in my point of view: Microsoft pays ATI/AMD to not support the ati hardware in the xbox for linux and Microsoft do the same for the "Win-modem" to drain linux!

AMD earn bounty money by selling "Death-Linux-penguins" to microsoft !

and next time with the xbox720 next gen anti-linux-gaming-console amd selling the next Death-linux-penguin to microsoft!

MIcrosoft pay in cash.. yes amd are happy in killing penguins for cash!

Quote Originally Posted by FireBurn View Post

Yeah, this article was 4 pages of largely incorrect whining (the forums from all previous posts about SI, contradict it, only place he did have a point was about open source drivers, but Oh wait.. there it was there it was simply whining and misconstruing with the first small bits of truth in the article) followed by 3 pages of begrudgingly acknowledging the superiority of the 7950 while still trying to grasp for whatever he could to use against it.

This is a new low Michael, If you continue writing such low quality articles you're going to drive off your entire reader base. Nobody wants to read such articles that are so blatantly dripping with FUD, FUD which I might remind you has been proven wrong in the forums every time you posted an article.

Wow this thread is a huge fail.

The article is not as bad as people make it out to be.

And bridgman, you're not gaining anything by replying to Qaridarium. It's just not a healthy thing to do.

Aww, people please stop flaming the whole thread with mostly off topic stuff even.

The card performed fairly ok besides the watermark. That is what I found out reading the article, and yes, the free driver is still behind, oh big surprise.