Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wasteland 2 Looks Towards Linux Client

Default Wasteland 2 Looks Towards Linux Client

Phoronix: Wasteland 2 Looks Towards Linux Client

It looks like another game is likely to come to Linux: Wasteland 2. Wasteland 2 is the sequel to the wildly successful post-apocalyptic role-playing video game from 1988...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTA3MjE

Finally Phoronix put up a news about this, about an actual game that will be made for Linux, about a fund raising drive to help Linux gaming, pfft... 2 days later that is, if this was a new 'Steam on Linux' rumor, or an alpha Ubuntu release, or a patch to fix some obscure kernel driver, or a N.2.3.1.7 Gnome update it would of been a news item long before anyone else would even hear about it... but nooo...

@Michael: DO empty your forum message box already!!!1111one

Quote Originally Posted by Licaon View Post

My private message box is empty....

Hate to see JailOS tag along there as usual. Seriously, the day someone publishes a game just for Linux (or ONLY Linux and Windows), they have my money in their pockets. Even if it's really crappy and costs $20. XD

Default god damn it...

Quote Originally Posted by Licaon View Post
    Finally Phoronix put up a news about this, about an actual game that will be made for Linux, about a fund raising drive to help Linux gaming, pfft... 2 days later that is, if this was a new 'Steam on Linux' rumor, or an alpha Ubuntu release, or a patch to fix some obscure kernel driver, or a N.2.3.1.7 Gnome update it would of been a news item long before anyone else would even hear about it... but nooo...

Man has fucked up once, now you gonna slap him with that till the rest of his days? Just like hundredes of other people(or trolls?) who come here?

GTFO of here!

Michael, I appreciate your job, I am sure many others do too.
    Last edited by dimko; 03-17-2012 at 02:19 AM. Reason: making it more understandable and correct spelling errors

excellent news, thanks.

This looks great. And if it actually becomes a success it will hopefully encourage more similar projects and create an outlet for all the people in the gaming industry that are still interested in making engaging games with a creative backstory.

Wink Great news

Great news!
    Hope there would be more gaming on GNU/Linux and other Unix-like OS'es.
    Don't forget BSDs and Solarises.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    My private message box is empty....
    not
    Errors
    The following errors occurred with your submission
    Michael has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
    Forum bug?

Quote Originally Posted by dimko View Post
    Man has fucked up once, now you gonna slap him with that till the rest of his days? Just like hundredes of other people(or trolls?) who come here?
    What are you talking about? The Steam error is long behind us, you get over it.

You kinda don't understand, I actually appreciate his job too, and just because of that, because of what Phoronix has become for Linux news I felt really bad 'cause Wasteland2 on Linux was not covered here on the biggest Linux news site, so that many more could find out about it and contribute towards the $1.5mil goal.

GTFO of here!

How about you learn a little history, Larabel has "fucked up" on allot more then just Steam For Linux, and when he's called out for not keeping up with what the entire point of a LINUX NEWS SITE he blows us off because we aren't paying him.

Sure some of us block ads, many of those like myself would actually pay for Phoronix Pro, if Larabel would actually be much more on the ball with OSS news and if that Pro actually worked, which as I've heard on here many a time it does not.

At this point Ubuntu Vibes does a MUCH better job with OSS news, especially on the gaming front, Wheres the Phoronix coverage of new titles like Depth Hunter, Dear Esther and Deep Black: Reloaded, all of them where posted on UV in the last week, if you read Phoronix you'd think theres only 15 games for Linux...

Phoronix could be a great site, but Larabel seems dead set on preventing that.