Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Fedora 18 Picks Up New Features, Rejects Systemd-Journal

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,375

    Default Fedora 18 Picks Up New Features, Rejects Systemd-Journal

    Phoronix: Fedora 18 Picks Up New Features, Rejects Systemd-Journal

    There's still two months prior to the official Fedora 17 release -- Fedora 17 Beta isn't even out yet -- but besides coming up with a new codename, we have our first technical glimpse at new features to Fedora 18, which will be released by Red Hat and the community in Q4'2012...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTA3Mzk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Glad to know that the Journal was rejected. We really don't need another logger, working **alongside** the main one, storing things in a random binary format and impossible to disable.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbios View Post
    Glad to know that the Journal was rejected. We really don't need another logger, working **alongside** the main one, storing things in a random binary format and impossible to disable.
    Journal was not rejected.

    This feature was rejected "Make Systemd Journal the new and only default syslog."
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/systemd-journal

    Phoronix legendary article quality...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michal View Post
    Journal was not rejected.

    This feature was rejected "Make Systemd Journal the new and only default syslog."
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/systemd-journal

    Phoronix legendary article quality...
    Ok, thanks for the clarification.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michal View Post
    Journal was not rejected.

    This feature was rejected "Make Systemd Journal the new and only default syslog."
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/systemd-journal

    Phoronix legendary article quality...
    I believe that quote was used in the article, though, I admit, the article's conclusion was a bit ambiguous. Still, not that bad, and not a candidate, IMHO, for inclusion into the Phoronix Hall of Shame.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    351

    Default

    great. the buggiest distro is the universe has new features. i know i'm going to be pelted with rock from fedora fan boys but the truth needs to be said. fedora does not care about user experience or quality all they do is push new technologies for others to test.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garegin View Post
    great. the buggiest distro is the universe has new features. i know i'm going to be pelted with rock from fedora fan boys but the truth needs to be said. fedora does not care about user experience or quality all they do is push new technologies for others to test.
    That is precisely the basis upon which Fedora was designed on: bleeding egde technologies which bleed the users more than anything else.

    And if anything, the fact that the more ancient than ancient Fedora 10 distro (which i am still using as my primary OS) comes with libraries and tools that are recent enough to match other distro versions that were released at least 18 months later says a lot. And it has been rock solid stable for the past 4 years.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,008

    Default Michael

    Michael, please stop posting pictures of beer and food.

    Keep it tech.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garegin View Post
    great. the buggiest distro is the universe has new features. i know i'm going to be pelted with rock from fedora fan boys but the truth needs to be said. fedora does not care about user experience or quality all they do is push new technologies for others to test.
    I've found Fedora to have far less bugs than Ubuntu, though I admit that when it comes to hardware drivers like printers, Ubuntu can be a little easier because it has more that work out of the box.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    351

    Default

    hmm, interesting. to me if you want to avoid bugs you are basically stuck with either debian stable, rhel or sles. everything else is basically bugs galore.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •