Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: An Updated Look At Radeon Gallium3D 2D Color Tiling

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glisse View Post
    ddx from git and libdrm from git too ? You need libdrm from git to correct some issue on some hw. Please open bugs if you have any configuration which is not working/has corruption/broken rendering.
    Yep all Git.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Yep all Git.
    Then please open bug and assign them to me.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glisse View Post
    Then please open bug and assign them to me.
    Maybe if you will let him place some ads in the bug report LOL
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    405

    Default

    How does this compare to the existing 1d tiling which is on by default in most radeons lately?

    I noticed the comparison was no tiling v. 2d tiling. 1d tiling was already a substantial improvement over linear mode.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaemonFC View Post
    How does this compare to the existing 1d tiling which is on by default in most radeons lately?

    I noticed the comparison was no tiling v. 2d tiling. 1d tiling was already a substantial improvement over linear mode.
    1d wasn't a substantial improvement (despite maybe some degenerative case), 2d tiling is a way bigger improvement than 1d.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glisse View Post
    1d wasn't a substantial improvement (despite maybe some degenerative case), 2d tiling is a way bigger improvement than 1d.
    When will this hit Fedora?

    Right now, in Fedora 17 it says "ColorTiling2D is not a valid option".

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by przemoli View Post
    Maybe you can get input from radeon devs on which improvements to test out to get max performance.

    Btw. what about OpenVG/OpenGL ES benchmarks? Are they possible?
    (g-truc.net called MESA best desktop OpenGL ES implementation , so it's good excuse for some benchmark right? )
    I'm not sure what he'd use for benchmarking since I can't think of any desktop software that uses OVG.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Tried this with git-mesa/ddx/libdrm an 3.2.12 kernel with the kernel patches from the mailing list
    message on earlyer article. Didn't work after opengl app opens screen freezes (mouse moves)
    and dmesg starts to sprout the invalid command stream errors...

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huulivoide View Post
    Tried this with git-mesa/ddx/libdrm an 3.2.12 kernel with the kernel patches from the mailing list
    message on earlyer article. Didn't work after opengl app opens screen freezes (mouse moves)
    and dmesg starts to sprout the invalid command stream errors...
    Well you obviously have something wrong on your side, probably not using the correct kernel, or not using correct mesa ... I extensively tested all this on GPU from HD2xxx to HD6xxx so i know it works with many GL applications for a fact, if you can't even get gears or nexuiz going there is something wrong on your side.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,926

    Default

    Jerome, you're probably right, but I'm having the same thing here (Linux 3.3 vanilla, libdrm, mesa and xf86-video-ati all from git yesterday, HD 4550). I'm running the vanilla 3.3 kernel and don't remember now whether that has tiling patches in it, so it COULD be a different bug (see also http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...356#post254356).

    Any suggestions for where to start looking for problems?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •