Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: AMD R600 LLVM Back-End Called For Inclusion

Quote Originally Posted by smitty3268 View Post
    Wait, so Bridgman is supposed to fight American laws in a German court?

/confused
    there is no court with the name "verfassungsgericht" in germany because this is a general word

the german "Verfassungsgericht" is called: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundesverfassungsgericht

this means i use "general" words. not specific.

'' automatic annihilation cannon ''

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xg078_robot-sentinella

Samsung SGR-A1

kills all humans in 4km distance day and night without any human gunner.

but yes bridgman prefer to be clueless its so much easier to ban me and stay in a naive world.

Qaridarium & DaemonFC really are negatives to this community.

Attack helicopters have had highly sensitive FLIR systems for a long time. This is in addition to other battlefield surveillance assets. Even with the latest enhancements, they are not able to read minds. The best camouflage for the insurgent remains as it was -- other people.

I am not aware of any near term systems which will be helicopter borne with a hard kill capabillity on a SAM. Please point the way if you have an example. For example, Firestrike would impose too much of a weight penalty (power supply and cooling) to be immediately useful for rotary wing aircraft. Ballistic CIWS systems would also weight too much. Soft kill options exist, such as DIRCM systems. These will have to progressively improve with the introduction of imaging infrared guidance.

Oh, John Connor's Tech-Com forces would make short work of your automatic turrets.

This thread is supposed to be about OpenCL on ATI hardware by FOSS drivers, so I will ask a question about this.
    How much benefit is Ontario/Zacate predicted to be able to derive from OpenCL compute? Will they be significantly bandwidth starved? Will the scheduling of the processors be significantly different enough to make tuning difficult? Does anyone have numbers for Zacate GPU OpenCL performance under Catalyst? Will FOSS OpenCL be able to harvest a similar amount of FLOPS or will it be ~80%, similar to OpenGL?

Quote Originally Posted by GDJacobs View Post
    Attack helicopters have had highly sensitive FLIR systems for a long time. This is in addition to other battlefield surveillance assets. Even with the latest enhancements, they are not able to read minds. The best camouflage for the insurgent remains as it was -- other people.

I am not aware of any near term systems which will be helicopter borne with a hard kill capabillity on a SAM. Please point the way if you have an example. For example, Firestrike would impose too much of a weight penalty (power supply and cooling) to be immediately useful for rotary wing aircraft. Ballistic CIWS systems would also weight too much. Soft kill options exist, such as DIRCM systems. These will have to progressively improve with the introduction of imaging infrared guidance.
    "Ballistic CIWS systems would also weight too much."

you really don't get the point the point is the weight is ZERO because its only "Software"
    most combat helicopters already do have a "gun" and "Radar" and "night vision" and "thermal vision"
    you only need "software" to use all your sensors and your gun to shot the rocket down.
    modern helicopters do have such "Software" systems. and again the weight is "ZERO" because you need all the stuff anyway.

"they are not able to read minds."

you also don't get this point a nuclear weapon also do not read mind my "annihilation" Program is like a nuclear weapon you fly over enemy territory and the "Program" end all human life on the way.
    there is no need for read minds!

and civilian deaths are just Collateral damage

ok i hope you get the point now.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    my "annihilation" Program is like a nuclear weapon you fly over enemy territory and the "Program" end all human life on the way.
    there is no need for read minds!

and civilian deaths are just Collateral damage

ok i hope you get the point now.
    So, i got an email about this reply and randomly read that part of it first.

I'm getting a little worried about Q.

No idea what this conversation is about, but that doesn't sound good.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty3268 View Post
    So, i got an email about this reply and randomly read that part of it first.

I'm getting a little worried about Q.

No idea what this conversation is about, but that doesn't sound good.
    its about modern helicopter weapon systems.
    with Software Guided weapons.
    the software can overrule the human-Gunner to defence them self against rockets.

in fact this works!

"senseless ramblings about how life isn't fair"
    STFU please just STFU

Quote Originally Posted by Thatguy View Post
    STFU please just STFU
    ""senseless ramblings about how life isn't fair""

LOL this is my point ... the "others" claim you can beat a combat Helicopter with an cheap RPG rocket.

my point is: RPG range=1000m combat helicopter fighting range 2000-4000m and flying 5000m in the sky ! also helicopter=moving target and the RPG do not have any "guiding" because its not a stinger rocket.

these stupid people are just to dump to get the information that a RPG is a cheap CLOSE COMBAT anti-Vehicle weapon ! and not a ANTI-Helicopter weapon.

only stupid people think that Muslim "terrorists" fight in this "stupid" way.

and because of this the collateral murder wikileaks video show "murderers" because there was no threat to the helicopter crew.

only stupid people think there was a threat and the helicopter crew act in self defence.

these stupid people are just to dump to get the information that a RPG is a cheap CLOSE COMBAT anti-Vehicle weapon ! and not a ANTI-Helicopter weapon.

only stupid people think that Muslim "terrorists" fight in this "stupid" way.
    I'm going to mostly ignore what you have written, except to say that reality has demonstrated you to be wrong. RPGs are an effective anti-helicopter weapon. They are cheap, plentiful and invulnerable to all soft-kill countermeasures. Also, a helicopter like an Apache is never going to shoot down SAM missiles (with current systems). The mounted cannon has a low ROF, muzzle velocity and limited traverse for the role of anti-RPG.