Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Breaking news: King Linus Torvalds makes Microsoft Fat32 patent invalid (Prior art)

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    This is just one example of Q's inability to learn from others and say, just once in his life, "thanks, I didn't know that."

    PS:
    I've been posting on Usenet for 15 years. I have a very good idea of what it is.
    I AGREE!!! I'm glad someone said this ....

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    This is just one example of Q's inability to learn from others and say, just once in his life, "thanks, I didn't know that."

    PS:
    I've been posting on Usenet for 15 years. I have a very good idea of what it is.
    the point is: i know what usenet is but in fact it just doesn't matter if someone uses usenet as a newsletter then it is a newsletter and on the tropic is just doesn't matter because even if linus write this on his Toiled paper it just breaks the patent because of prior art!

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    the point is: i know what usenet is but in fact it just doesn't matter if someone uses usenet as a newsletter then it is a newsletter and on the tropic is just doesn't matter because even if linus write this on his Toiled paper it just breaks the patent because of prior art!
    Let's just wait for confirmation.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panix View Post
    I AGREE!!! I'm glad someone said this ....
    LOL here speaks the right one. you are unable to understand the different between http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsidy and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay_as_you_go with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profit_%28economics%29

    you are 100% sure in your little mind that the German green energy EEG law is a Subsidy but all study s show that its a "investment" with "Profit" in a "Pay as you go" business model.

    and the market stock electric energy price in Germany prove this because its the LOWEST in EUROPE and the price different is bigger than the "pay as you go" this means the citizens make a investment.

    now you make a big logical mistake you do not make a different between the Profit of the companyís and the consumer price and the production cost.

    if the consumer price is high (this is your point) and the production costs are low (this is my point) then the clue is that the companyís just make MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE PROFIT.

    you are to stupid for capitalism please go to Cuba and life in a communist nation its much easier for stupid people.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kraftman View Post
    Let's just wait for confirmation.
    yes but the chance is very high now Iím so happy about this *Happy*

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    462

    Default

    "Newsgroup". That was the word that was lost in the German to english translation, which came across as "newsletter.". Usenet was known as "Newsgroups", and used Network News Transport Protocol.

    Dejanews archived most public trees at the time (without uuencoded attachments), and it was a treasure-trove of technical oddities. Google bought deja and released google-groups.

    F

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by russofris View Post
    "Newsgroup". That was the word that was lost in the German to english translation, which came across as "newsletter.". Usenet was known as "Newsgroups", and used Network News Transport Protocol.

    Dejanews archived most public trees at the time (without uuencoded attachments), and it was a treasure-trove of technical oddities. Google bought deja and released google-groups.

    F
    hey you are right and hey "newsletter" isn't so wrong its just a basic "Kindergarten" word

    i know this stuff usenet/newsgroup but i try to write very simple to make less mistake in writing.

    i do this because of my dyslexia.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Connecticut,USA
    Posts
    953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kraftman View Post
    Let's just wait for confirmation.
    This

    Q's opening post had to be a bit of a stretch as the USPTO has not yet made any decisions on the FAT32 patents and they are still valid till struck down. Just because a foreign patent office ruled them invalid does not mean they are invalid everywhere

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeepDayze View Post
    This

    Q's opening post had to be a bit of a stretch as the USPTO has not yet made any decisions on the FAT32 patents and they are still valid till struck down. Just because a foreign patent office ruled them invalid does not mean they are invalid everywhere
    Prior art always means: invalid.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Connecticut,USA
    Posts
    953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    Prior art always means: invalid.
    Right, but the PTO has to decide if the prior art is convincing enough to strike down the patents though

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •