Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 308

Thread: A Message From Valve's Gabe Newell

  1. #211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    "Was ist das? Ich gehe in dass Museum für alkoholfreies Bier!! "

    "alkoholfreies" is not a noun it describes how something is

    "Bier" is the noun because of this you write Bier big and alkoholfreies with a tiny letter.

    also in german you have to pin your supject "in DASS" means the target is bier museum.

    also you have to specify your target museum is the general target but "FÜR" is the specify pin means its a museum for the alcohol free beer.

    and yes die Deutsche Sprache ist eine schwere Sprache! (German language is a hard language)
    Danke.

    Scheiße.... Haven't been practicing German Rosetta Stone learning in a few months / need new Bavarian Frau to finish learning proper German

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Danke.

    Scheiße.... Haven't been practicing German Rosetta Stone learning in a few months / need new Bavarian Frau to finish learning proper German
    "Scheiße! (i know English people start with the positive part but most Germans start with the negative part the german culture and language is "negative" if you can say something positive or negative then use the negative one. for example: english people say: Don't give a fuck -- this means give a fuck is "Good" germans don't use a word like fuck in the positive way example: das ist gar nicht mal schlecht schlecht=bad but this sentence is positive because if the germans say somthing positive they negative the bad. another example: kein scheiß das ist wirklich so!)

    Danke.... Haven't(ich habe) (**=schon ein paar monate)been practicing/(practising ?) (kein deutsch geübt/trainiert) German Rosetta Stone learning(Im Rosetta Stone Still) in a few months(**) / need new(Ich benötige eine) Bavarian Frau(Bayerische Frau) to finish (um mein können zu vervollständigen.)learning proper German "

    and what kind of training the woman give to you ? (was für eine art von übung lehrt dich die frau?)

    i think its more the point that you have dirty imaginations about German sluts
    (Ich denke du hast eher schmutzige gedanken über Deutsche Schlampen.)


    and yes even a fat (130kg) man like me gets a fuck from a Quality german slut after 3-4 hours of first chat on facebook and on the same day she comes to me and we fuck and she told me multible times that she isn't a slut LOL Thats germany!
    (Und ja selbst ein Fetter 130kg schwerer mann wie ich bekommt ein fick von einer Qualitäts Deutschen nach nur 3-4 stunden des schreibens auf facebook was den erstkontakt darstellte und noch am selben tag kam sie zu mir und wir fickten aber sie sagte mir mehrfach das sie keine schlampe sei LOL Das ist Deutschland!)

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    53

    Default

    @Qaridarium: if you try to teach German, at least get it right.

    @Michael: It's "Ich gehe in das Museum für alkoholfreies Bier !". I won't try for an explanation since I always despised languages at school :-)
    Btw, even more natural would be the short form: Ich gehe ins Museum für alkoholfreies Bier.
    Last edited by mazumoto; 04-03-2012 at 04:36 AM.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mazumoto View Post
    @Qaridarium: if you try to teach German, at least get it right.

    @Michael: It's "Ich gehe in das Museum für alkoholfreies Bier !". I won't try for an explanation since I always despised languages at school :-)
    Btw, even more natural would be the short form: Ich gehe ins Museum für alkoholfreies Bier.
    hey thank you i think about this but i was confused by my own language LOL..

    the short version is used but its slang this is not "High-German"

    even the Germans are confused about das vs dass vs daß they even built hole websites just about this question: http://www.das-dass.de/

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mazumoto View Post
    @Qaridarium: if you try to teach German, at least get it right.

    @Michael: It's "Ich gehe in das Museum für alkoholfreies Bier !". I won't try for an explanation since I always despised languages at school :-)
    Btw, even more natural would be the short form: Ich gehe ins Museum für alkoholfreies Bier.
    I have even shorter-er version for you: "Ab ins Museum für Alkoholfreies"

    ger Ab = ger Los == us "Lets go"
    ger ins = ger in das == us in the
    Museum = Museum
    für == for(sometimes "of")
    Alkoholfreies = Alkohol + frei(es) = Alcohol - free (catterpillar word, compare us Earthquake)
    (-es) part - addition to adjectives when they stick to nouns of neutral gender. In nominative case and accusative case.

    Alkoholfreies = alkoholfreies Beier == alcohol-free(as noun) = alcohol-free beer
    Here, I made a noun out of adjective and noun. Its like "good stuf" = "goodie".

    German = English(abc, part of grammar, small part of word construction) + Russian(huge part of grammar, lots of word constructions).

    But if you take Russian = French + English + German + Arab + old Russian(10-5%), you will get general idea of modern state of languages.
    But russian has "Mat" that no one language has.

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Hi!

    I know Russian very well and there is such thing as "mat language" (I speak fluent Russian and Mat ). It's very commonly used, even here (ex Russia).
    On the other hand Russian has very very rich language, every single thing has it's own name. Me, knowing Russian very well, I'm still confused reading some Russian classic books as there are many phrases which only Russians can understand fully.

    About the Mat ("мать") language, well I think a lot of nations have heard about it and a lot of people from different parts of the world know many of words of that language (well not really a language, but subsection of Russian )

    regards
    Kirurgs

  7. #217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirurgs View Post
    Mat ("мать") language
    Probably you mean "мат" (short form of "матерный язык"). "Мать" mean "mother".

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirurgs View Post
    Hi!

    I know Russian very well and there is such thing as "mat language" (I speak fluent Russian and Mat ). It's very commonly used, even here (ex Russia).
    On the other hand Russian has very very rich language, every single thing has it's own name. Me, knowing Russian very well, I'm still confused reading some Russian classic books as there are many phrases which only Russians can understand fully.

    About the Mat ("мать") language, well I think a lot of nations have heard about it and a lot of people from different parts of the world know many of words of that language (well not really a language, but subsection of Russian )

    regards
    Kirurgs
    Whoa, I have to disagree with Kirurgs here.

    Mat is a tabooed slang. I really hope he is not talking mat to his relatives, parents, children.

    What makes it interesting is that it is derived from a few obscene expressions, about half-dozen noun. Employing the Russian prefix and suffix system it forms a simple context dependent language. The movie "Red Heat" has got a few mat lines.

    It is used prevalently by male groups, especially in military and criminal circles and to some degree by young adults due to its taboo status.

    But yeah, pretty much every grown up Russian understands mat.

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    523

    Default

    How the f*** did this thread turn from "possibility of steam for linux" into "Championship of the world greatest German grammar nazis"??

    Were you invited or did you invite yourself? =P

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Old Europe
    Posts
    916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ancurio View Post
    How the f*** did this thread turn from "possibility of steam for linux" into "Championship of the world greatest German grammar nazis"??



    Were you invited or did you invite yourself? =P
    Good question actually.

    Maybe he's just up to something like this
    http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/half-life-2/1187378p1.html


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •