Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trine 2 Linux Client Released

Default hopefully

they will tune up performance a little bit. even on lowest details the gameplay is not really smooth on my passive-cooled nvidia 9500gt (with proprietary drivers). i do not see a thing when trying to run in window-mode.

What's with the steam key? DRM on Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by bug77 View Post
    What's with the steam key? DRM on Linux?
    There's no DRM at all in the version obtained from the Humble Bundle store.
    I am using the same installation on both my desktop and laptop, no CD key or activation of any kind.

This game is art! It worth’s every euro!

Quote Originally Posted by Znurre View Post
    There's no DRM at all in the version obtained from the Humble Bundle store.
    I am using the same installation on both my desktop and laptop, no CD key or activation of any kind.
    What do you mean Humble Bundle store? Trine 2 hasn't been in any Humble Bundle yet.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by geamandura View Post
    What do you mean Humble Bundle store? Trine 2 hasn't been in any Humble Bundle yet.
    Yeah, what the?

Quote Originally Posted by geamandura View Post
    Well don't ask me.
    When you choose to buy it from their site you do so using the widget from the Humble Bundle store.

The whole transaction etc. goes through Humble Bundle and afterwards you get a link with a key, where you can download the game, from the usual Humble Bundle page (as can be seen from the screenshot earlier in this thread).

You buy it from that widget on trine2.com, you get an email with a link to https://www.humblebundle.com/s?key=XXXXXX and there you can get it with a direct download or with a torrent (which has no access restrictions at all, you just need to know the url...)
    Neither the installer nor the game itself need you to enter a key.

100% awesome, so Humble Bundle are expanding their business into some sort of GOG.com-like DRM free store.

Quote Originally Posted by Znurre View Post
    Well don't ask me.
    When you choose to buy it from their site you do so using the widget from the Humble Bundle store.

The whole transaction etc. goes through Humble Bundle and afterwards you get a link with a key, where you can download the game, from the usual Humble Bundle page (as can be seen from the screenshot earlier in this thread).
    Again, what's with 'unlock it on steam'?
    Of course, there's no steam for linux, so that may very well be a copy/paste from the windows version.