Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: List of Linux friendly Kickstarter projects

WIN SOME CLASSICS! PLEDGE AT LEAST $30 TO HAVE A CHANCE!

A fan, Rudy Marchant is offering up something for everyone to take part in.

With less than 19 hours to go before the Kickstarter deadline and with 100% of the goal

reached, pledger Rudy Marchant gives us all even more reason to contribute to the cause! He

will give away three ultra-rare highly-collectible Sierra games to three randomly picked

fans who pledged $30 or more!

Click here to read on: http://guysfromandromeda.com/win-cla...dge-30-chance/

YOU WANT STRETCH GOALS? PROVE IT! Lets just see how high we can take this thing!

Make it rain in Andromeda!

Sell your children if you have to, because WE WANT STRETCH GOALS!

This was posted on the Kickstarter page by Warbird Games: ''This is my tribute to Space

Quest. Please share it with people who've forgotten all the great times they had in the

twisted universe of Scott and Mark: youtu.be/j4qMKZzLebM?a''

Quote Originally Posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
    And with this announcement several projects have now announced Linux support!

Super Retro Squad

Clang (has Linux/Mac support as an 800k stretch goal)

Rival Threads: Last Class Heroes

Z

HeXit

Word Realms

And this one already had Linux support but looks good nonetheless:

Crystal Catacombs

... wow. That's great!

Quote Originally Posted by KameZero View Post
    Clang (has Linux/Mac support as an 800k stretch goal)
    A stretch goal for a Linux version with Unity 4? Oh HORSEshit! That's just money-grubbing greedy fucktardery. Making a Linux version is as easy as clicking a button that says "I want to build a Linux binary".

Quote Originally Posted by Larian View Post
    A stretch goal for a Linux version with Unity 4?
    They probably need to get Razer Hydra working under OS X and Linux, but I not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Larian View Post
    A stretch goal for a Linux version with Unity 4? Oh HORSEshit! That's just money-grubbing greedy fucktardery. Making a Linux version is as easy as clicking a button that says "I want to build a Linux binary".
    It's actually not, especially since they'll be making libraries and tools specifically for this game that are not part of unity. And those have to be ported.

Two new projects have popped up, both extremely promising; Quest for Infamy and Jack Houston and the Necronauts.

Both are point-and-click 2D adventure games, both have a twist (more than one, actually!), and both will use the the open-source Adventure Game Studio. For those who've personally had porting experience with AGS, you'll know that all the difficult parts are complete (graphics rendering, control, proper file-system open/load access of game asset files, etc). Both of these projects will go through all the necessary gyrations to ensure a good gameplay experience, proper packaging, POSIX save game path names, etc (I've verified this with both developers personally). So, here's the pitch...

Quest for Infamy

Remember playing and enjoying Sierra's Quest for Glory series? Or, if not, are you a fan of point-and-click adventure games, but felt a bit restricted and wished they would include a touch of an RPG twist? This game delivers that in spades, as a loving tribute to the QFG series, along with three character-class based "braided" storylines (that is, the puzzles branch based on class, but probably merge based on the overarching plot). There is a light combat system, and all of the classic adventure gaming elements. In addition to the RPG twist, and this is my favorite part, they've turned the QFG morality play on it's head, and turned the player character into a villain! Yeah, you play the badass on a quest for power and money, something I've always wanted to do in QFG

Jack Houston and the Necronauts

This "fantastic adventures/amazing stories" homage to the style of Edgar Rice Burroughs' Venus series is a pulp sci-fi inspired adventure game where you portray Captain Jack Houston Jackís journey on our neighboring planet of Venus. But this isnít the lifeless planet we know today, this Venus is a sweltering vine jungle teaming with strange beasts of horn, tooth and claws, as imagined by science fiction authors and artists in the first half of the century (the legacies of whom include John Carter of Mars, Carson of Venus, Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, etc). The backgrounds & animated sprites are going to be based on real stop-motion animation footage. This technique is pretty expensive, though, and so the project needs at least $56K, which I'm a bit worried about him raising. However, he's put together a hell of a pitch video, which is definitely worth a peek, and the reward tiers look fantastic.

Shadowrun Online will be linux compatible too, if it gets funded:
    Shadowrun Online

Project Giana is also a interesting game, but unfortunately not so Linux friendly