Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: List of Linux friendly Kickstarter projects

Quote Originally Posted by kwahoo View Post
    Have you played oryginal Pitfall (Atari 2600 AFAIK)? IMHO it was mediocre, even for 80's. Trine (and sequel) is different, it is a revolution in physics and graphics. $900 000 for Pitfall remake... seems like a joke
    At that time people expected a game of that style (platformer, as it came to be known) to have 3 whole screens in a liner world (or a random one). 4 screens was really something to brag about. Pitfall! had 256. The above and below ground paths intersecting in various places effectively created a world that was not limited to 2D linear space. The game provided a limited number of lives and a time limit in which to explore this world. One could not just keep playing indefinitely using continues, saves, or retry points like most modern games (that SUCK). Only dedicated players could achieve the true distinction of actually completing this game. In some ways, Pitfall! is superior to many modern platformers. My only complaint about it, is having multiple lives. David Crane should have gone with his original plan and made it a 1-life game.

Obsidian is back: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...oject-eternity

Buck: What platforms are you targeting for Project Eternity and when do you anticipate releasing it? When the game is finished, what are your plans for distributing it and supporting it over the long-term?
    Feargus: First and foremost it is going to made on and for the PC (Windows). Our hope is to add Mac and Linux versions as we get farther along with the technology and based upon the success of the Kickstarter campaign.
    @gamebanshee

Quote Originally Posted by Licaon View Post
    Real-time with pause combat, generic fantasy setting, women with shirts on... Oh it's Dragon Age with good writing and lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Licaon View Post
    Awesome, have pledged. Hope they announce something further regarding support for linux. I would feel better about it if they were committed to cross-platform development from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by yogi_berra View Post
    women with shirts on...
    Ok that's it, it'll never sell :P

Quote Originally Posted by curaga View Post
    Ok that's it, it'll never sell :P
    Nope, they've added a player house as a stretch goal, so it is guaranteed to bring in every single BioWare fan and at least $10 million.

$2.2 Million will bring the Linux client.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...y/posts/309364

Anyone want to split a $10,000 donation with me to make Chris Avellone, Tim Cain, Josh Sawyer, and Feargus Urquhart play Shoots and Ladders?

Quote Originally Posted by sirdilznik View Post
    I'm all for this game being made but I'll be absolutely flabbergasted if they manage to meet their lofty goal of $900,000, or even come anywhere near it. I know David Crane has some name recognition but that goal is really really far out there.
    It just ended with $31,208. Ouch. I think there were multiple problems with it but this thread is probably not the place to discuss them.

I'm super confident Project Eternity will easily reach the 2.2 million stretch goal to add Linux support. In fact, at the rate they're going they better start thinking up some more stretch goals for 2.4 million and beyond. I see this one finishing up in Double Fine Adventure and Wasteland 2 territory, that is to say beyond the 3 million mark, when it's all said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by sirdilznik View Post
    I'm super confident Project Eternity will easily reach the 2.2 million stretch goal to add Linux support. In fact, at the rate they're going they better start thinking up some more stretch goals for 2.4 million and beyond. I see this one finishing up in Double Fine Adventure and Wasteland 2 territory, that is to say beyond the 3 million mark, when it's all said and done.
    I just LOVE how these obsidian trash-generators set Linux support hostage to TWOFOLD of their base demand, just to wrap winelib around.

Nevertheless, thanks for mentioning them...
    Last edited by crazycheese; 09-16-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogi_berra View Post
    Anyone want to split a $10,000 donation with me to make Chris Avellone, Tim Cain, Josh Sawyer, and Feargus Urquhart play Shoots and Ladders?
    No Korn fans? *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by sirdilznik
    I see this one finishing up in Double Fine Adventure and Wasteland 2 territory, that is to say beyond the 3 million mark, when it's all said and done.
    It's slowed down considerably since they posted their stretch goals. They need to clarify the game mechanics beyond the dialogs of Planescape, the combat of Icewind Dale, and the setting of Baldur's Gate. All we know is that it is a new RPG system that isn't D20.