Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wayland Running Various GTK Applications

Quote Originally Posted by Ancurio View Post
    Wayland is still in heavy development, and the current adoption rate is 0.
    I just pray that the mistakes of KDE4 and PulseAudio won't be repeated by distro packagers...
    i know my previous post was wrong in a way

i should have rephrased my previous comment into something like "if _ insert random apps_ work, people will start to use it" but i was lazy and didn't do it

anyway if there is a way to make the X dependent apps work without the app maintainers having to do something (ie start X client automatically after the user clicks on them) and once we get the common apps running i think it will become popular.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...il/002904.html

this message sums up what works what needs to be done etc

Quote Originally Posted by 89c51 View Post
    anyway if there is a way to make the X dependent apps work without the app maintainers having to do something (ie start X client automatically after the user clicks on them) and once we get the common apps running i think it will become popular.
    This already works in XWayland. It listens for any network calls on the X protocol, and automatically starts X and passes the app to it.

Quote Originally Posted by 0xCAFE View Post
    Why are these demos always with disabled theming? Is it not yet possible possible with Wayland or do the demonstrators just not care?
    Because I just haven't taken the time to look into how to do it. By all means enlighten me, and I'll give it a try in my next video.

Quote Originally Posted by 0xCAFE View Post
    Why are these demos always with disabled theming? Is it not yet possible possible with Wayland or do the demonstrators just not care?
    I noticed in recent testing of Ubuntu Precise packaging that theming started working on its own.