Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is AtomBIOS & These Different Drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sylware View Post
    It seems the parameter space size in the command table header is broken...
    I answer to myself. It is a global stack for the atombios... it would not work otherwise

Comment

radeon and radeonhd are ddx drivers... IF you use KMS then they do not handle modesetting.
      mesa or gallium3d handle 3d drivers
      dri/drm handle kernel drivers.

Comment

That's either a spambot or someone pretending to be a spambot. The post was a direct copy of a question from the first page of the thread.
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          That's either a spambot or someone pretending to be a spambot. The post was a direct copy of a question from the first page of the thread.
          Yes it's a spambot, like "Edi8th99" above. It copies lines from the first page in the thread in order to hide from the bot filters. The bot selects threads with 50+ posts because people usually doesn't remember the exact wording of the first ten posts.

If you hit "Reply with quote", the quote will usually include three "image" URL:s. The bot has evolved somewhat. A month or so ago it copied one line only. Then you could use " View Forum Posts" for the user to see the hidden URL:s but now it copies more lines so the preview won't show the URL:s.

I'm reporting those I discover but admins/mods are asleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Smask View Post
            Yes it's a spambot, like "Edi8th99" above. It copies lines from the first page in the thread in order to hide from the bot filters. The bot selects threads with 50+ posts because people usually doesn't remember the exact wording of the first ten posts.

If you hit "Reply with quote", the quote will usually include three "image" URL:s. The bot has evolved somewhat. A month or so ago it copied one line only. Then you could use " View Forum Posts" for the user to see the hidden URL:s but now it copies more lines so the preview won't show the URL:s.

I'm reporting those I discover but admins/mods are asleep.
            Remember to turn adblock off so those pesky malware authors can turn a profit!

Comment

Originally posted by DaemonFC View Post
              Remember to turn adblock off so those pesky malware authors can turn a profit!
              (checks the blockable objects list) Nope, ABP doesn't block those "images". I think that either the spambot doesn't craft the URLs correctly or the forum software blocks it somehow.

The spambot is capable of posting proper URLs when copying other's posts so I lean towards badly formatted URLs.
              Last edited by Smask; 16 November 2011, 11:05 AM. Reason: Adding a line

Comment

infos...

The "official" driver is not anymore the radeonhd but the radeon driver (it's probably that one you use)

The atombios is a set of memory tables (stored in the ROM associated to the gpu chip). It includes a fully executable byte code.

It's main purpose is to be customized by board manufacturers in order to abstract away the details of their board for the OS driver. Yes, the OS driver cannot reasonnably deal with all the customisations of the board manufacturers.

On AMD GPU, the atombios is also in charge of DCE (Display Control Engine) programming. Basically, when you want to perform operations on this silicium block, you would have to interpret the appropriate atombios byte code.

Atombios is ACPI for AMD's GPU board.

Moreover, I have seen some infos on AMD's Graphics Core Next (HD79xx), and we don't know what will happen to the atombios (and DCE) since this is a huge architectural change scheduled for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Smask View Post
                  (checks the blockable objects list) Nope, ABP doesn't block those "images". I think that either the spambot doesn't craft the URLs correctly or the forum software blocks it somehow.

The spambot is capable of posting proper URLs when copying other's posts so I lean towards badly formatted URLs.
                  I can see what you're talking about now. Stupid spambot. I didn't even notice! Someone must be having a laugh right about now... I wonder how many forums it has infected.

Comment

Hey, I wrote that first. Die spambot die !

Exterminate !!!

Exterminate !!!

Exterminate !!!
                    Test signature

Comment

radeon_atombios_connected_scratch_regs s0 s3 and s6

Hi,

That atombios function is liting display device bits in s0 s3 and s6.

I bet each register target a specific state on the display path.

What are they?

(s6 means the path is doing memory request, related to the atombios EnableCRTCMemReqs command table?)

Like the dpms and crtc bits... are they actually used from dce4/5?

Comment

Working...
                      X