Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol propaganda in Phoronix

Quote Originally Posted by russofris View Post
    I find it highly unlikely that someone smoked pot 30 times without getting high. 2, 3 or 4, yes.
    I haven't used the stuff in years, but regardless of the number of times, what you just posted contradicts what you previously posted..

I said "beer" is not a drug. By your reasoning, tomatoes are drugs as they contain nicotine and amphetamine.

I call shenanigans. I find it highly unlikely that someone smoked pot 30 times without getting high. 2, 3 or 4, yes. 30? 30 bowls is about 15 grams, and would have cost you $150-ish. It might be possible if you smoked once every six months for 15 years, though people with reverse tolerance often give up well before then. In addition, I would like to personally evaluate the quality and strength of the weed you smoke, so as to remove any doubt. I'll meet you on the back patio at 4:20.

F
    raw cannabis is not a drug either. It's healty if it's taken raw. Beer without alcohol isn't a drug either. But most consumed beer is with alcohol. You can't deny that alcohol is a drug.

I said "beer" is not a drug.
    And then you said it is if you drink it in larger quantities and get 'drunk" off the alcohol. I'm not even sure how to argue with such nonsense...

Quote Originally Posted by M1kkko View Post
    So, if there was a picture or a mention about Michael eating a dog or two every now and then, you wouldn't mind?
    Lots of people eat dogs, cats and whatnot. What's the use in being offended? It's no different to eating pigs or cows, other than being accustomed to the one but not the other. They're all beings with consciousness, capable of thought and feelings like us, just to a slightly different and probably lesser extent.

Quote Originally Posted by DanL View Post
    And then you said it is if you drink it in larger quantities and get 'drunk" off the alcohol. I'm not even sure how to argue with such nonsense...
    beer is also a drug without alcohol because hobs is in fact a drug!

Quote Originally Posted by DanL View Post
    I haven't used the stuff in years
    We know, as Clinton-esque corner cases and rarely occurring exceptions are typically unimportant to potheads.

Default Alcohol is a killer

Young people imagine that they are invincible, and this is normal and expected. And it is "cool" to be a big drinker, in many circles.

But the truth is that alcohol is a dangerous, toxic poison that kills many, many people. It also messes with libido, and causes arguments. The vast majority of petty offences that lead to small custodial sentences and fines are alcohol-related.

I'd like to report that producers and suppliers promote safe and sensible drinking, but they do not. They actively encourage young people with "alcopops" and try to sponsor sports at every opportunity.

So should Michael be promoting alcohol ?

In my book, he should not. But let's face it you wouldn't castigate a dog for pissing on a lamppost - it's what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    And we don't give a shit. As I said in another post: Deal with it. If you can't, gtfo.
    Did you post that before or after using the toilet?

^ Speaking of propaganda...

I just ignore it. Doesn't make much sense to me, but if it can get Valve to release some Linux stuff faster well... for the greater good .