Many Germans seem to be constantly drunk. Maybe, that's why it's promoted.
The Government needs to dull the population and it's a pretty good way.
Just to add to the poll
* i don't like beer, never drink any, even though I'm european (from France, not Germany, though)
* I agree that propaganda form alcohol feels 'bad' on such a site
* indeed, Michael can do what he wants, that's his site, and Free speech, and blabla. you know what I mean.
But actually, the main point I'd like to say, is that.... I dont care. I really dont care about beer. I'm reading Phoronix for technical content, and all this stuff about beer is just noise for me. This... said in the most friendly manner, please dont take offense Michael.
The signal/noise ratio is already quite borderline : i would say in every article, around ~10% is actual content, as in "new and interesting", once you've ironed out the first two paragraphs (never _ever_ useful, it's always about providing links to old stuff) and other repetition all around the article.
Yeah, 10% is not _that_ bad, right :-)
... in diesem Sinne, PROST !!!
Originally Posted by Panix
Alcohol propaganda... strong words.
1. This is Michael's site
2. Michael likes beer
3. Michael writes about his world on his website
4. Michael is _not_ telling you to do anything
5. If you don't like it, don't read it.
Disclaimer: I like beer.
The quote "Eine Maß..." on http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...04_boots&num=1 is actually very funny, but I don't see the need of placing beer next to hardware every time when reviewing them (or am I exaggerating?).
I've noticed there's a lot of beer talk in his articles however I just skip over those paragraphs to get to the Linux stuff.
yes right censorship against drug use is really offensive!
Inb4 honton trolls this thread with alcohol brand fanboyism
>carlberg kills black label