Thread: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" Released

Hybrid View

Default Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" Released

Phoronix: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" Released

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, the "Precise Pangolin", was officially released this morning...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTA5MjU

Now the wait for the .1 "actually stable" release

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" Released

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, the "Precise Pangolin", was officially released this morning...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTA5MjU
    I'm waiting for Mint 13, as it'll be far less annoying to stick with Mate/Gnome2 or Cinnamon.

I've been using 12.04 since late alpha .something release. I love Unity. Good job Ubuntu!

As far as I see here, the 32bit version is still recommended. Isn't 64-bit version supposed to be recommended from 12.04 on?

I'll try Mint again as soon as they support basic functionality like RAID in the installer.

I just tried it. What an awful OS. Seriously, this thing sucks. There's no menu to start apps, you can't even SEE what apps you have installed even, you can't install apps unless you know the magic word in a terminal, you can't uninstall apps, the GUI sucks ass...

Ubuntu is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgui View Post
    I've been using 12.04 since late alpha .something release. I love Unity. Good job Ubuntu!
    Similar experience here. Installed alpha 2, along with xorg-edgers and my hand-assembled KDE, on 5 February to a ThinkPad X1. Have kept up dist-upgraded all through development and it behaved remarkably well the entire time. It's been the most stable *buntu for me yet. Therefore, this weekend I will nuke and pave the X1 and start with Q-why-can-I-never-remember-whatitsname.