Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: A Special Linux Delivery At Valve Software

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    you do a real mistake because: michael buy german beer in the USA
    this means he can not chose from german supermarket with 200-300 different kind of beers.
    I know. But arent there any other beers than Bavarian ones? Or does he only know Bavarian beer from his trips to the Oktoberfest?

    in germany you would define a rare beer in another way. maybe the "Unertl BIO-Dinkel(Spelt) Weisse or Apostelbršu Dinkel(Spelt) " is a rare special. (these Spelt are the most expensiv beer's because Spelt is 4 times more expensiv than Wheat)
    Honestely: This is Dinkel-Banana-juice!

    Weisse aka Weissbier is not a beer! I hate this banana flavour. If you like Weissbier go straight for Berliner Weisse with Rasberry or Waldmeister sirup!

    it depend on who you ask a swabian will prever a "Stuttgarter Hofbreu" a badener will prever a "Rothaus" like the "Tannenzšpfle"
    Are they good? Perhaps I should check my local supermarket.
    in fact michael need "help" please send him all your beer ! then he can make a better beer benchmark!
    I doubt one can send glas bottles to the US (terror laws and stuff ). But next time he is in Germany he should make a trip north of the Main to check real beers (I just read that Bavarians say every beer north from the Main is not a beer )
    A friend from England has this as his favorite beer (and we tested a lot from the local drink store ):


    @PeterKraus
    I don't mean the Porter from England (I tasted it and its quite nice)
    I meant the Porter from Saxionia: Lausitzer Porter
    Very sweet (sweet as in "sweet as honey" ) and very nice. They also have a "Strong porter" where 3x 0,3 bottles kick you out of your shoes (but that one is like the english Porters)


    To summarize:
    If Valve cancels Steam for Linux, its Michaels fault because all developers died when their bodies turned inside out to get rid of that beer!

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasenpfote View Post
    I know. But aren't there any other beers than Bavarian ones? Or does he only know Bavarian beer from his trips to the Oktoberfest?
    in fact he do not come to other events. "Cannstatter-wasen" for example. He is Bavarian focused.

    but i personally do not have a problem with that fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasenpfote View Post
    Honestely: This is Dinkel-Banana-juice!
    Weisse aka Weissbier is not a beer! I hate this banana flavour. If you like Weissbier go straight for Berliner Weisse with Rasberry or Waldmeister sirup!
    and again your reading skill is low. its RARE! and its Expensive!
    i translate this in your words: its expensive rare dinkel-banana-juice but in fact its more exclusive than the other "Beer's"

    do you use blue Mauritius stamps for your everyday post service?

    in fact i show a blue-Mauritius-Beer to you and your reaction is: "This is Dinkel-Banana-juice! Weisse aka Weissbier is not a beer!"

    but yes you prefer to be rude and you only go for the "weissbier" not a single comment about the dinkel beer "Apostelbršu Dinkel"

    i bet on it that you never taste the "Apostelbršu Dinkel"


    Quote Originally Posted by Hasenpfote View Post
    Are they good? Perhaps I should check my local supermarket.
    the rothaus-tanenzšpfle is a legend! and the hofbreu is the traditional swabian beer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasenpfote View Post
    I doubt one can send glas bottles to the US (terror laws and stuff ).
    the only key-point is : its expensive! 60Ä at minimum for a package

  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    in fact he do not come to other events. "Cannstatter-wasen" for example. He is Bavarian focused.
    Bavarian beer is my favorite but I annually go to the Berlin International Beer Festival... I also have gone to Karneval in the past and some other festivals in the north, but the Bavarian ones are the best. I'll also drink a non-Bavarian German beer once in a while.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Bavarian beer is my favorite but I annually go to the Berlin International Beer Festival... I also have gone to Karneval in the past and some other festivals in the north, but the Bavarian ones are the best. I'll also drink a non-Bavarian German beer once in a while.
    hey dude for me its ok and fine only he blame you ...

    he prove to be a fool i show him a blue-Mauritius-Beer of Bavarian beer ->"Apostelbršu Dinkel" and he doesn't noted it at all.

    its "rare" and "expensive" and its not a "weissen" and its more healthy than normal beer.

    i know this because: i only can eat spelled but not wheat because the unhealthy histamine is high concentrated in wheat and very very low in spelled

    because of this this beer is the beer with the lowest "hangover" rate because the hangover is in fact bounded to "histamine" if a alcohols is high in histamine you get a hangover if its low then you don't get a hangover.

    because of this my medicine for my illness "daosin" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amine_oxidase is also selled against "hangover's" its funny if you eat the medicine "daosin" before you start triking you never get a hangover!

    LOL its funny i give pro triking suggestions to alcoholics to consume more alcohol without pain LOL

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Bavarian beer is my favorite but I annually go to the Berlin International Beer Festival... I also have gone to Karneval in the past and some other festivals in the north, but the Bavarian ones are the best. I'll also drink a non-Bavarian German beer once in a while.
    Where is the cry smilie? *sniff* I want to cry!

    @Qaridarium:
    Its Weissbier! I don't care it it a 10 Euro bottle, its still Weissbier. Perhaps I try it if I see one just for saying "I drank expensive and rare beer" but its still banana-juice!
    I doubt that hinstamine has anything to do with a hangover. Histamine it the thing that causes alerical reactions (so called anti-histamines are used for reducing them ).
    The hangover comes from the amount of sugar and "bad" alcohols (so called Fuselalkohole). "Good" alcohol is ethanol, bad ones are methanol, propanol, butanol, etc. (I just read it )

    Nice overview can be found here:
    http://www.biergericht.de/de/jokes/f...le_im_bier.htm
    And as you see, Weissbier has far more of the bad alcohols than Pilsener. So Weissbier tastes like bananajuice and makes a terrible hangover!
    I guess that Dinkel-Beer has less of those bad acohols.

    @Michael: You heard of any terrible deaths at Valve after your visit?

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasenpfote View Post
    @Qaridarium:
    Its Weissbier! I don't care it it a 10 Euro bottle, its still Weissbier.

    In fact if you read the definition of "weisbier" : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_beer its not a "Wheat Beer/weissbier"
    This means you are wrong! wrong by definition!

    because the definition is: at minimum 50% Wheat but there is ZERO Wheat! this means you are just a fool!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasenpfote View Post
    Perhaps I try it if I see one just for saying "I drank expensive and rare beer" but its still banana-juice!
    maybe but maybe you get your best soft noise without any hangover and maybe the taste fit to you?

    who knows?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasenpfote View Post
    I doubt that hinstamine has anything to do with a hangover.
    you don't know me right? i do never write such stuff without source.

    just one example for a source: http://www.nzzfolio.ch/www/d80bd71b-...c9ef58307.aspx

    http://www.noen.at/lokales/noe-ueber...art2433,372302


    Quote Originally Posted by Hasenpfote View Post
    Histamine it the thing that causes alerical reactions (so called anti-histamines are used for reducing them ).
    cause of allergic reactions? wrong! histamine is a Neurotransmitter and a tissue hormone. And its not the cause of a allergic reaction.
    a allergic reaction are a overreaction of the mast cells to defense the body then the mast cells pushes histamine to activate the white blood cells.
    the so called "anti-histamines" are not so anti like the word would say us there are difference receptors h1 and h2 and h3 and h4 for example the free to buy anti histamines only work on the histamine h1 receptors and not h2 and not h3 and not h4
    its a selection because if you turn of histamine you turn of the heartbeat and "brain".
    and because of this you can kill yourself with anti-histamine pills.

    you can turn of the cause of the allergic reaction without anti-histamine for example with: mast cell stabilizers like Cromoglicic acid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasenpfote View Post
    The hangover comes from the amount of sugar
    LOL you are a fool i can eat 1kg sugar a day and would not get a hangover!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasenpfote View Post
    and "bad" alcohols (so called Fuselalkohole). "Good" alcohol is ethanol, bad ones are methanol, propanol, butanol, etc. (I just read it )
    LOL you are a fool lets read wikipedia togehter:

    "There is a popular belief that fusel alcohol contributes to hangover symptoms. One study indicated that fusel alcohol has no more significant undesirable health effects (headache, nausea, etc.) than ethanol, the primary active ingredient in all alcoholic beverages.[2] This study involved an animal model of hangover, and its significance in humans is unclear."

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fusel_alcohol

    can you read? you are wrong! and LOL methanol isn't a fuseloil at all!
    Last edited by Qaridarium; 05-02-2012 at 09:12 PM.

  7. #67

    Default

    This have more than a year...

    http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...ht=#post125544

    and still nothing

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Australia
    Posts
    360

    Default

    I have faith in valve for some reason. I expected UT3 to be cancelled because it's gone the way of M$. I have way more faith in valve and steam than epic. Even though epic are an amazing team.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default Beer seriously?

    I don't know, but i have the feeling that in Germany more Club Mate is drunken than beer.
    But the last MobileMacs episode was epic full of beer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •