Questions to ask them:
* If Radeon catches up to Catalyst, will they drop Catalyst and focus their resources on Radeon?
* Is Mantle coming to Linux? If so, is it coming with Catalyst or Radeon open-source driver?
So there are 3 options worth fetching Michael to the GDC:
1) AMD release Mantle and/or other tools on Linux. (Unlikely, since that should be much work, and AMD is still busy with Win drivers)
2) AMD release new hw, and will try use Phoronix to reach Linux (SteamOS) enthusiasts.
3) AMD will show what they can, which should ammount to the OpenGL/Mesa teams, who should not be of much use for the Mantle development.
All 3 are good (as in, all 3 will make AMD do things favorable to Linux, which they do not do now)