Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Ubuntu 12.10 To Further Binary Blob Handling

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,049

    Default VirtualBox guest additions

    I think it is a great idea to add VirtualBox guest additions to Jockey.
    It would make it easier on novices.

    However, I think we need to move away from proprietary drivers.
    We need to continue pushing and moving toward blob-free.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uid313 View Post
    I think it is a great idea to add VirtualBox guest additions to Jockey.
    It would make it easier on novices.

    However, I think we need to move away from proprietary drivers.
    We need to continue pushing and moving toward blob-free.
    That's an excellent idea. I haven't really used jockey in several years but I'm surprised something like that hasn't been done sooner.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Absolutely not. It does not matter if you need 100-150 mb more or not. thats a piece of cake today. Also inactive drivers only need space, they are NOT loaded.
    For you.. And many-many people here. But there's people that don't have that kind of luxury, you know? For that size, I have to wait for 1 hour to download it.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,049

    Default

    Why do you need to install VirtualBox guest additions?
    Why doesn't it "just work" out-of-the-box?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    688

    Default

    Modems are still used for faxing (yeah apparently that is still being used to) and some phone handling.

    Canonical needs to fit Ubuntu on to a single cd for several reasons, so 150MB is a huge 20% of the total budget.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t.s. View Post
    For you.. And many-many people here. But there's people that don't have that kind of luxury, you know? For that size, I have to wait for 1 hour to download it.
    For me 100mb is about a minutte of download. Might to a good time to consider upgrading your internett connection.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by del_diablo View Post
    For me 100mb is about a minutte of download. Might to a good time to consider upgrading your internett connection.
    Not all parts of the world have connections that gets even close to that and as a citizen of those parts you wouldn't have a chance to upgrade.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Sucks to be you then.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •