Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: The May 2012 Open-Source Radeon Graphics Showdown

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    945

    Default

    I love the CGA color scheme of these graphs. Very appropriate!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    443

    Default HD4890 with both pcie_gen2 and ColorTiling2D enabled

    All running very nicely with my 3.3.6 kernel and radeon_drv from git. Can't tell if it's any faster, though.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    "and setting ColorTiling and ColorTiling2D to true within the xorg.conf."

    isn't a xorg.conf obsolete ?

    is there a commando for the .pam_environment file ?

    anyway just a explain how to activate this feature?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    isn't a xorg.conf obsolete ?
    It would be but certain people freak out when others are allowed to use their computer how they want. Freedom and all that rot obviously doesn't apply to using certain software.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    "and setting ColorTiling and ColorTiling2D to true within the xorg.conf."

    isn't a xorg.conf obsolete ?

    is there a commando for the .pam_environment file ?

    anyway just a explain how to activate this feature?
    xorg.conf isn't and has never been obsolete. You use xorg.conf.d now, but the idea is the same. You only need to include the Device section for the graphics driver. Everything else is autodetected (unless you want to customize those things too and then you can include those in xorg.conf.d).

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by log0 View Post
    Interesting. The test log shows: Option "SwapbuffersWait" "0"
    http://openbenchmarking.org/system/1...aked/xorg.conf
    True, but i use much more slower cpu, pcie_gen2=1, vblank_mode=0, "SwapbuffersWait" "0" and have more FPS. Must be a reason.

    Lightsmark 62 vs 128
    Openarena 0.8.8 22 vs 44
    Nexuiz 51 vs 76

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pontostroy View Post
    True, but i use much more slower cpu, pcie_gen2=1, vblank_mode=0, "SwapbuffersWait" "0" and have more FPS. Must be a reason.

    Lightsmark 62 vs 128
    Openarena 0.8.8 22 vs 44
    Nexuiz 51 vs 76
    Can you test with openbenchmarking and upload link to your results please?

  8. #18

    Default Why?

    May be someone know: Why so big difference between propriatiry and opensource drivers? Something was not implemented or only not fully optimized...

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denisdevelops View Post
    May be someone know: Why so big difference between propriatiry and opensource drivers? Something was not implemented or only not fully optimized...
    The few developers are too busy writing the drivers to even think about optimization. 30%-60% speed is the maximum we can expect I guess.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycheese View Post
    Can you test with openbenchmarking and upload link to your results please?
    http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...BY-GOG20120520

    PTS run from my livecd, so anyone can reproduce the results.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •