Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: AMD Catalyst 12.6 Beta improvements?

Quote Originally Posted by nej_simon View Post
    Fianally a driver that doesn't crash my laptop (E350, HD6310) on suspend/resume! But it took AMD over a year to fix this bug and that's really unacceptable. I had a crash with serious graphic corruption though when changing the backligt so it's not stable enough yet but I'm looking forward to the final version!
    Hello,

Could you please write the details about suspend/resume.
    Did you just uninstall the old driver and simply install this one or you had to make some additional changes e.g. pm-utils configs or xorg.conf ?
    what is your linux distribution, krenel version, xorg version and so on.
    There are a lot of poeple with C60 cpu that waiting for the suspend/resume solution too, but somehow this beta crushes on resume for me too.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by mmhorda View Post
    Hello,

Could you please write the details about suspend/resume.
    Did you just uninstall the old driver and simply install this one or you had to make some additional changes e.g. pm-utils configs or xorg.conf ?
    what is your linux distribution, krenel version, xorg version and so on.
    There are a lot of poeple with C60 cpu that waiting for the suspend/resume solution too, but somehow this beta crushes on resume for me too.

Thanks in advance
    I installed 12.6 on a fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04 x86_64 with the latest updates. The kernel is version 3.2.0-26-generic and xserver is 1.11.4-0ubuntu10.2.

I didn't use jockey so I didn't have a previous version of fglrx installed, and I didn't do any manual changes to any files.

I just downloaded the 12.6 installer from AMD, installed the build dependencies which if I remember correctly are execstack, dh-modaliases, debhelper, devscripts and build-essential, used the installer to build ubuntu packages which I installed with dpkg -i and finally I ran apt-get install -f to fix the dependencies before rebooting.

Sleep/resume works now but compiz crashed once and I have the annoying "unsupported hardware" watermark.

You can get my package here btw:
    http://murargatan.bounceme.net/~simon/fglrx/
    Use at your own risk of course!