Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: KDE 4.9 Goes Into Beta

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jgardia View Post
    Hi!
    First of all, thanks for spending your time fixing bugs. One question, do you think there is any plan on fixing this one:
    https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=275469

    It's been around for a long time, and I can still see it in 4.8.3 (gentoo) and previous versions (Ubuntu).

    Thanks again!
    That issue is a very nasty one. It seems to be coming back, even with the latest KDE and Qt 4.8.1 while it should be fixed. Either way, the entire tasks part of KDE is to be rewritten in QML thus there is no real point in investing time to fix the current stuff.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markg85 View Post
    You can make (or adjust) the plasma dialog theme to fit your needs for the dialog windows.
    Do I understand it right that the theming actually happens using svgz? This is one of those "small" things that I just can't wait to have =d

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teho View Post
    Do I understand it right that the theming actually happens using svgz? This is one of those "small" things that I just can't wait to have =d
    Exactly!
    And that "little" fact is the case ever since KDE 4 got it's first release so i think you've missed something
    They are called "Plasma Themes" and there are quite a few of them: http://kde-look.org/index.php?xconte...c8db5a3cc9ec9b

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markg85 View Post
    And that "little" fact is the case ever since KDE 4 got it's first release so i think you've missed something
    Yeah I'm well aware of Plasma themes I just wasn't exactly sure if the tooltips were themed the same way. There's still one thing I'm curious though. What kind of dependensies does this introduce to applications that use it? Will the tooltip part be split from Plasma to its own libary and what theme does it load if Plasma is not installed or will Dophin and System Settings simply depend on libplasma or something? I'm not sure how far the KF5 split will go but I would assume that many KDE apps can be installed without having Plasma in the system at all in the future.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teho View Post
    Yeah I'm well aware of Plasma themes I just wasn't exactly sure if the tooltips were themed the same way. There's still one thing I'm curious though. What kind of dependensies does this introduce to applications that use it? Will the tooltip part be split from Plasma to its own libary and what theme does it load if Plasma is not installed or will Dophin and System Settings simply depend on libplasma or something? I'm not sure how far the KF5 split will go but I would assume that many KDE apps can be installed without having Plasma in the system at all in the future.
    Right now you can only theme the kde panel tooltips since those are done with plasma. The current tooltips from system settings and dolphin are done through the widget theme so have to be themed through that as well.

    The intention with the tooltip cleanup that i'm doing is to put them in a library of it's own. "libtooltips" or something like it. This is about certain to be done for kde 5, but since the library is going to be completely independent it might very well be possible that kde 4.10 or 4.11 is going to use this. Along with dolphin and system settings. Once that happens we will FINALLY have a uniform tooltip possibility throughout kde applications.

    Any more questions?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •