Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Humble Bundle V Crosses Three Million Dollars

Default Humble Bundle V Crosses Three Million Dollars

Phoronix: Humble Bundle V Crosses Three Million Dollars

For those that didn't notice, the Humble Indie Bundle V today crossed the three million (US) dollar milestone and there's still nine days left...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTExMzY

Meanwhile, I don't think Carmageddon: Reincarnation ( http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...reincarnation/ ) is going to reach their goal of 600k for a Linux port. It's a shame...

Quote Originally Posted by [Knuckles] View Post
    Meanwhile, I don't think Carmageddon: Reincarnation ( http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...reincarnation/ ) is going to reach their goal of 600k for a Linux port. It's a shame...
    There are still 37 hours to go. I am sure it will make it!

Default it's a shame

Quote Originally Posted by FutureSuture View Post
    There are still 37 hours to go. I am sure it will make it!
    people want to resurrect one of worst by means of morale games.
    One of very a few games which i refused to play on moral grounds.(GTA was another one)

Quote Originally Posted by dimko View Post
    One of very a few games which i refused to play on moral grounds.(GTA was another one)
    I am no fan of such games myself so I just don't buy them.

Could you explain your morals? I don't get what is immoral about a game where no real people are involved.

Default its not right

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdinand View Post
    Could you explain your morals? I don't get what is immoral about a game where no real people are involved.
    To think about certain things too.
    Thinking about little kids in a sexual way is as much wrong as actually engaging in it, it's just consequences are different.
    Just because you can imagine you can shoot off hand of lawful and reasonable Police officer or do it in a game doesn't make it any better. It is as bad, it's just we generally judge by consequence. I am one of those people who see world in black and white, where everything is either darker grey or lighter grey. And very occasionally just grey that is 50/50

To think about certain things too.
    Thinking about little kids in a sexual way is as much wrong as actually engaging in it, it's just consequences are different.
    Just because you can imagine you can shoot off hand of lawful and reasonable Police officer or do it in a game doesn't make it any better. It is as bad, it's just we generally judge by consequence. I am one of those people who see world in black and white, where everything is either darker grey or lighter grey. And very occasionally just grey that is 50/50
    If I understand you correctly you think that thinking about something is the same as doing it? Do you also think people should be punished for thinks they have thought about?

Do you think that people that play carmageddon think about killing people by driving a car in to them?
    Last edited by Ferdinand; 06-05-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Default Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdinand View Post
    If I understand you correctly you think that thinking about something is the same as doing it? Do you also think people should be punished for thinks they have thought about?
    Judge based on consequences...
    I have seen 14 years of age kids were laughing at pictures from crime reports, where brains were literally all around floor. Hei, they didnt kill anyone, so is it ok? No! But consequence of their actions was that I made them feel shame.

Judge based on consequences...
    I have seen 14 years of age kids were laughing at pictures from crime reports, where brains were literally all around floor. Hei, they didnt kill anyone, so is it ok? No! But consequence of their actions was that I made them feel shame.
    So what is the consequence of playing carmageddon or laughing about horrible pictures? Could you point to a victim?