Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55

Thread: Humble Bundle V Crosses Three Million Dollars

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimko View Post
    1 Yes. that also includes me.
    2 No, thinking about and doing are different things, have very much different consequences
    3 Victim is person who experiences violence, even the one who projects it
    4 I don't think bad can be stopped, I just hope things will fail, same as this game. Being somewhat bad is in our nature. Envy will never go away, as far as there is such things like wealth, superior bodies, superior minds, yet it doesn't mean you can indulge yourself for being envy. Deal with that shit. Forcing your will on others is as bad as wishing them death, so no, forcing shit on others is bad.
    You would like to stop people from thinking bad stuff. You don't want to force anybody from thinking bad stuff. You don't want to punish anybody for thinking bad stuff. Right?

    So it is more like in your ideal world people would only think thoughts you would like?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    269

    Default My ideal world

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferdinand View Post
    You would like to stop people from thinking bad stuff. You don't want to force anybody from thinking bad stuff. You don't want to punish anybody for thinking bad stuff. Right?

    So it is more like in your ideal world people would only think thoughts you would like?
    wouldn't have people in it. Or people wouldn't have personality, in that sense, robots could very well be next step in evolution.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rural Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimko View Post
    To think about certain things too. Thinking about little kids in a sexual way is as much wrong as actually engaging in it, it's just consequences are different. Just because you can imagine you can shoot off hand of lawful and reasonable Police officer or do it in a game doesn't make it any better.0
    There is nothing wrong with having a sexual thought about anything. In fact, if a pedophile only thinks about sexual acts with a child, but refuses to let himself do it, he should be applauded for his strong moral character and ability to control himself. That is not evil, that is even heroic.

    Same thing with violent expression. As long as you do not shoot the hand off a cop, then you should be applauded for not doing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by dimko View Post
    Kitchen knives do more good than bad. One day when it will be other way around they will be restricted. Child porn is also not forced upon others(victims are obvious exception), still, just because it's not forced, it doesn't mean it's not bad. I am talking about good and bad, and consequences.
    Actually, there is nothing evil about having naked pictures of children. My mother has plenty of me from when I was growing up. Does that make her evil?

    Child porn is a problem because the children in the sources are being abused. An object in of itself is not evil.

    People getting off on it is also disgusting, but not actually evil. Them paying or supporting it's creation is evil, as it will support the continued practices used in it's creation. Publishers, eh?

    Quote Originally Posted by dimko View Post
    is that this sort of games are very ell restricted in some countries(I am not saying that this is right or wrong, id rather give freedom to those games, since what is restricted is popular), that means a lot of people think same way, and quite a few are educated smart people.
    Pointing to some random group of people, who you say are "smart people", and saying "they agree with me!" is not a real debate tactic.

    Quote Originally Posted by dimko View Post
    Forcing your will on others is as bad as wishing them death, so no, forcing shit on others is bad.
    Like telling people they should not play Carmegedon and supporting those who wish to ban it? I have never played the game, but this is just unreasonable.
    Last edited by Hamish Wilson; 06-05-2012 at 12:59 PM.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
    There is nothing wrong with having a sexual thought about anything. In fact, if a pedophile only thinks about sexual acts with a child, but refuses to let himself do it, he should be applauded for his strong moral character and ability to control himself. That is not evil, that is even heroic.

    Same thing with violent expression. As long as you do not shoot the hand off a cop, then you should be applauded for not doing it.



    Actually, there is nothing evil about having naked pictures of children. My mother has plenty of me from when I was growing up. Does that make her evil?

    Child porn is a problem because the children in the sources are being abused. An object in of itself is not evil.

    People getting off on it is also disgusting, but not actually evil. Them paying or supporting it's creation is evil, as it will support the continued practices used in it's creation. Publishers, eh?



    Pointing to some random group of people, who you say are "smart people", and saying "they agree with me!" is not a real debate tactic.



    Like telling people they should not play Carmegedon and supporting those who wish to ban it? I have never played the game, but this is just unreasonable.
    You are not becoming hero for not doing bad things. Not in my book. Not by defenition.
    hero [ˈhɪərəʊ]
    n pl -roes
    1. a man distinguished by exceptional courage, nobility, fortitude, etc.
    2. a man who is idealized for possessing superior qualities in any field
    3. (Myth & Legend / Classical Myth & Legend) Classical myth a being of extraordinary strength and courage, often the offspring of a mortal and a god, who is celebrated for his exploits
    4. the principal male character in a novel, play, etc.
    [from Latin hērōs, from Greek]

    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Hero
    And my personal definition, person who sacrificed something, ultimately his/her life(or something of greater value) in order for other to be better.

    No, your mom is not evil, but she did not make pictures of you in a naughty way, did she?(pictures of little kids are all right, i don't mind kupid pictures on valentine card, do i?)

    People getting off is necessary evil. People who do , don't have sex, which is beneficial to them and others. I open myself here up on troll attack. Hitler.

    Majority make up commonly accepted morality. This majority I was talking about have created laws that i like and follow in country where I live and some other places too. Dismissing it is also not a good tactics. AFAIK, pedophilia is restricted here in Germany. In most of countries too.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
    Like telling people they should not play Carmegedon and supporting those who wish to ban it? I have never played the game, but this is just unreasonable.
    I played it. And no, I still dont like it, even more than I did earlier on.

    Forcing: The use of physical power or violence to compel or restrain: a confession obtained by force.

    Sorry, did I use any?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,473

    Default

    What does any of this have to do with the Humble Indie Bundle?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rural Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimko View Post
    And my personal definition, person who sacrificed something, ultimately his/her life(or something of greater value) in order for other to be better.
    Yes, that is why it is heroic. These people do not choose to be pedophiles, they are born that way, and if they fight these urges because they know it would be wrong to actually act on them, they are fighting their own gratification and urges for a greater good. That fits your definition perfectly.

    Quote Originally Posted by dimko View Post
    Majority make up commonly accepted morality. This majority I was talking about have created laws that i like and follow in country where I live and some other places too. Dismissing it is also not a good tactics. AFAIK, pedophilia is restricted here in Germany. In most of countries too.
    I can still disagree with censorship on moral grounds. A majority can come up with a consensus, but it can not ordain someones morality as morality is a personal commitment. It can set up laws which you can agree or not agree with, and yes to be a part of that nation you have to follow, but that does not mean you have to agree with them.

    I am perfectly fine with protecting children from pedophiles through the use of the law, for instance. However, I can still be against people painting pedophiles as being innately evil just because they are born that way. It would be similar to thinking that Black Africans are inferior because Apartheid was the law in South Africa, or even more specifically that gays are evil because it is illegal to be gay in many countries.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rural Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post
    What does any of this have to do with the Humble Indie Bundle?
    How the hell should I know?

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimko View Post
    People getting off is necessary evil. People who do , don't have sex, which is beneficial to them and others. I open myself here up on troll attack. Hitler.

    Majority make up commonly accepted morality. This majority I was talking about have created laws that i like and follow in country where I live and some other places too. Dismissing it is also not a good tactics. AFAIK, pedophilia is restricted here in Germany. In most of countries too.
    But it's market price, is it not? I get you - I'd love to have Carmageddon 2, but when I look at the violence I gasp. But how reasonable is it for me to expect someone to sell me the product they made at the level of violence I want? The beauty of the free market is that it requires consent...no one is forced to sell at a given level of violence, nobody is forced to buy at a certain level of violence. I can understand a "holy crap" reaction, but in a free market (assuming we're talking about a free market and not some socialist dictatorship), isn't it perfectly fine...and not outrageous? I'm glad the anger of some cannot supersede the rights of others to sell their own product as they see fit. How awful would it be to run a company if you couldn't?

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post
    What does any of this have to do with the Humble Indie Bundle?
    There isn't much discussion possible of the humble bundle. It is just made of pure awesome.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •