Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Linux 3.5 Can Massively Boost AMD Radeon Graphics

Quote Originally Posted by risotto77 View Post
    I wonder also. Will my hd 6970 from ati perform with free drivers?

I really do not understand why ati keeps two sets of drivers for linux. One good and one not so good. Why not open up their best driver? Is this mockery?
    I installed Linux-3.5 yesterday and hurray it works again (couldn't use the whole 3.4 series due to screen corruption).
    OilRush runs on middle detail @ ~17fps 1920x1080 on my AMD 6970M with mesa 8.1-something and ColorTiling2D in xorg.conf (not sure if that matters), no corruptions or anything, just a little slow to play, but hey I had the first rig, then went on to the next and then noticed, boa you just played that game for ~30min already ^^

I was also able to play Trine 2 with my Radeon HD 4670 using only the stock R600g drivers that come with Fedora 16 and with a CPU that was actually below the minimum spec. Played through the game twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
    I was also able to play Trine 2 with my Radeon HD 4670 using only the stock R600g drivers that come with Fedora 16 and with a CPU that was actually below the minimum spec. Played through the game twice.
    I noticed, I was on 'low' power profile. So 1/3 of GPU power, but on 'auto' with clock: 680000 kHz there is no difference in fps...