Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Open-Source R500 Driver Can Compete With Legacy Catalyst

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    i personaly think the Wikipdia numbers are the best numbers you can get for "Free" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_s...rating_systems
    I see "1.66%" for Linux. We have separate funding for Android.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    I see "1.66%" for Linux. We have separate funding for Android.
    last time i checked wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android...ting_system%29

wikipedia count andorid as a linux : wikipedia : "Andorid OS family: Linux"

"we have separate funding for Android."

i'm sure you don't spend 12.x% of the windows money on all Linux familyOSes.

OK, so you're really talking about us "not spending enough on Android" ?

OK, so you're really talking about us "not spending enough on Android" ?
    i talking about you are not spending 12.x% of the windows money to "Linux familyOS"
    last time a friend checked andorid-Linux on AMD hardware it sucks balls!
    i really don't care to use ubuntu or android on my PC if i get good opensource drivers!
    but in fact the andorid-linux-os only get shit crap catalyst bullshit driver because the power-manegment of the radeon driver suck!
    and the ironic part is they get the same crap catalyst like the ubuntu users. no fucking difference!

i ask again where are the 10-12% of the " windows" money for the linux family Operating Systems ?

do we get power-management with opensource drivers on amd hardware if we use andorid instead of ubuntu ?

i talking about you are not spending 12.x% of the windows money to "Linux familyOS"
    I never claimed we were. Feel free to redefine "Linux" (I was talking about typical PC distros) but don't expect the numbers I gave you before to make sense with your new definitions.

i ask again where are the 10-12% of the " windows" money for the linux family Operating Systems ?
    See above.

last time a friend checked andorid-Linux on AMD hardware it sucks balls! i really don't care to use ubuntu or android on my PC if i get good opensource drivers! but in fact the andorid-linux-os only get shit crap catalyst bullshit driver because the power-manegment of the radeon driver suck! and the ironic part is they get the same crap catalyst like the ubuntu users. no fucking difference!
    do we get power-management with opensource drivers on amd hardware if we use andorid instead of ubuntu ?
    We haven't released Android driver packages so assume you're talking about Android-x86 using the upstream open drivers ? My experience was that the open drivers running with Android-x86 behaved like the open drivers on typical PC distros. Why would you expect anything different ?
    Last edited by bridgman; 06-08-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Default I realy wish bridgman would stop feeding the trolls

One of the reason's all these threads get pulled off topic is because bridgman keeps responding to Q.

Making logical reasonable arguments against a troll does not help anyone - it just feeds them and helps to derail the thread.

I tried "ignore" for a while but the threads still filled up with Q's posts and the ignore function doesn't really hide them. This doesn't seem much worse, really...

But yeah, maybe this is a good place to stop. I don't feel like this is heading towards a conclusion although sometimes it does.
    Last edited by bridgman; 06-08-2012 at 12:26 PM.

That card is nothing but a joke. fps between 5 and 15? Who wants to play with that?

I never claimed we were. Feel free to redefine "Linux"
    it was not my definition of linux it was the wikipedia definition of linux.

wikipedia : "Andorid OS family: Linux" source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android...ting_system%29

I was talking about typical PC distros)
    so its only a typical linux dristo if the market share is low?

i can install andorid on my PC were is the problem?

but don't expect the numbers I gave you before to make sense with your new definitions.
    i just found your scheming/hanky-panky style because andorid is per definition a "Linux" you can read this fact on WIKIPEDIA!

but you can recheck your numbers without scheming/hanky-panky style

what is the amd investment in "Linux-Family-OS" compared to "Windows-Family-OS"

"do we get power-management with opensource drivers on amd hardware if we use andorid instead of ubuntu ?"

We haven't released Android driver packages so assume you're talking about Android-x86 using the existing open drivers ? My experience was that the existing open drivers running with Android-x86 behaved like the existing open drivers on typical PC distros. Why would you expect anything different ?
    i expect the different in the market share money you claimed ? now the market share of "Linux-Family-OS" is much higher but we only get the result of a typical PC distro like ubuntu ?

my feeling tells me that amd is cheating on "Linux-Family-OS" users . in numbers amd cheat 2% to 6% real market share
    Last edited by Qaridarium; 06-08-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Instead of fighting with Q you could share some info, like, future plans for r500, power managment, 2d acceleration, video decoding etc etc.