Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A New Post From Valve; More Linux Love Needed

Quote Originally Posted by flibitijibibo View Post
    Hey Michael, I sent you an e-mail regarding Valve's Linux ports. I doubt that I'd be doing a whole lot of work with the Linux graphics (at least not the really low level stuff), but I'd certainly be of use with the other aspects of the port, especially the audio portions. Let me know if I need to get in touch with someone in particular at Valve.
    Let me know when you're done with your current work as I don't think they would want to hire someone that can't start immediately as they are looking for immediate action right now on the Linux side.

Why are you exposing here details that the original poster didn't? Is this serious, professional? Does this look like you really want to do something for the Linux community as you're contesting the whole time? What the hell is 'immediate action right now on the Linux side' for a company whose notion of time has ever been indefinite? Is there any serious company (which Valve most certainly is) who wouldn't consider anyone regardless of their availability based on their _skills_?

You make Valve sound like an immature pack of people who suddenly decided they wanted to support Linux and now cannot find anyone to do it. I really doubt that's how that or any serious company works. I also doubt that's the kind of PR Valve is interested in or that kind of behaviour actually contributes to the viability of a possible Linux port of their games. Seriously, get real. Those things, if done rightfully, are planned years ahead, not on the whim of some reporter.
    Last edited by susikala; 06-09-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by susikala View Post
    You make Valve sound like an immature pack of people who suddenly decided they wanted to support Linux and now cannot find anyone to do it. I really doubt that's how that or any serious company works.
    Valve is run very differently from your typical company. Google Valve's Employee Handbook to understand just *how* different it is.

I would love to work for Valve. Problem is that I live in Australia.