Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: why do the nativ linux clind of Heroes of Newearth not work with the radeon driver?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    impressive speed
    yes its 11 times faster than the catalyst on my system. (no there is no irony in this sentence)

    i lost my xorg.conf on the last reinstall.

    "
    Section "Device"
    Identifier "Card0"
    Driver "radeon"
    Option "SwapbuffersWait" "0"
    Option "ColorTiling" "1"
    Option "ColorTiling2D" "1"
    EndSection"

    this improves the speed from 11fps to 13 fps.

    this means the opensource driver radeon is 13 times faster than the catalyst on my system.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,646

    Default

    When you would not use xorg updates then it would be a piece of cake to use fglrx 12-4. Even my script should work with U 12.04. But you want latest oss shit and then you say 13 fps are fast...

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    When you would not use xorg updates then it would be a piece of cake to use fglrx 12-4. Even my script should work with U 12.04. But you want latest oss shit and then you say 13 fps are fast...
    i tryed to install the catalyst on 12.04 and i failed. i'm just not as smart as you are and the catalyst is only for smart people like you!

    so be happy!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,646

    Default

    you are too stupid to execute my script?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    206

    Default Hmm

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    you blame me for something what you don't understand ... drop the linux clind and fire out the incompetent linux support and go with the windows clind in wine. ...
    just to make sure the "Right" people lost there "job"
    Thats exactly the kind of attitude that nobody can stand. Btw - 3 posts in a row, have you already seen the "edit" button?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    you are too stupid to execute my script?
    Quick answer: YES

    is a crime?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    146

    Default

    hd 6770
    1600x900
    all settigs high/ultra
    38-45 fps

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pontostroy View Post
    hd 6770
    1600x900
    all settigs high/ultra
    38-45 fps
    nice one do you use the new shader compiler? and shader caching ?
    what kind of CPU do you use?

    the hd6770 is a little bit faster than my card 640 shaders vs 800 shaders 750mhz clockspeed vs 800mhz clockspeed 0,5gb ram vs 1gb ram.
    but the different should not be so great.

    do you use the oibaf ppa or do you use hand compiled stuff ?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    nice one do you use the new shader compiler? and shader caching ?
    what kind of CPU do you use?

    the hd6770 is a little bit faster than my card 640 shaders vs 800 shaders 750mhz clockspeed vs 800mhz clockspeed 0,5gb ram vs 1gb ram.
    but the different should not be so great.

    do you use the oibaf ppa or do you use hand compiled stuff ?
    pentium g620
    opensuse + my repo with git mesa, kernel, xf86-drivers, etc.
    Shader caching and llvm shader compiler are enabled.
    I use old( 5-6 months) non updated verson of HoN.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Connecticut,USA
    Posts
    973

    Default

    Hi Q, you drinking too much of those Monster drinks lmao

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •